tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by an ARC yesterday I don't normally go to on my way out of town. Tuesdays is 50% off on everything but blue tags for us 55 and older folks at all the ARC's in the metro area this day. They had two square glass vases full of wristwatches. One I saw nothing but crap and the other I see this Zodiac mechanical wind men's watch. I asked if I could untape the top and have a look at them, but they said no can do. Normal price of the lot would have been $34.99 plus tax, but having an orange tag I can have it at 1/2 off. Total is $18.96 and I had it on all day yesterday and it runs perfect. This morning it's still running on time. Not a lot else in there other then a good Timex Iron Man that ain't bad to have around and I need to research the going prices on what a Potty watch is worth online. Who ever thinks of making a watch like that, let alone anyone buying one?, but I own now. The other vintage mechanical in the lot was this WESTCLOX, but they're pretty much no or low jeweled crap even in good running condition imo. I got a bag full of cheap mechanical wrist watches it'll go in. Those type are good to sell off as steampunk jewelry makers supplies. The rest are going to the landfill, with exception of a strap or two maybe. As for the vase, I may get me a fighting Betta fish to put in it?

Attachments

• zodiac 1.jpg
    zodiac 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 96
  • zodiac 2.jpg
    zodiac 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 104
  • zodiac 3.jpg
    zodiac 3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • zodiac 4.jpg
    zodiac 4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 98

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watch! That party watch though, my nephew would love it. I might have to look online and send him one for his birthday. Chances are I won't get around to it but he would definitely like it. That is one heck of an ugly watch and funny at that thank you for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread