Vintage handbag??

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I was in a thrift shop today, and although I don't usually pay much attention to clothing items, let alone ladies accessories, this purse called out to me as vintage. It's very well made, the outside is a black metal mesh type material, and the inside is either leather or a very good quality fake leather. The handles are a plastic material (bakelite?) and they are riveted to the bag, which strikes me as very unusual. The snaps inside appear to be of an older type as well. The kicker is that there is no tag or any kind of markings on the bag at all. I only paid $4 for it, so no loss there is it's junk, but something about it strikes me as old.

Any ideas on age, maker or value would be greatly appreciated, as would key words I could use to describe this in an auction listing. Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 102
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 72
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 80
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 89
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 81

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good buy, but I don't know one bit about purses. If it doesn't sell there is always the option of picking up a pair of heels next time you're at the thrift store and getting some use out of it. Fabuloussss! :laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Without it in front of me it appears to be a 1950's style Purse. That the handles are Bakerlite and the mesh is of black aluminum. I can't think of the name of the black spraying technique used to paint the mesh on it. Have it appraised in person at an Antiques Store ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions