Large sterling Picture frame

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today for four dollars. I was exhausted had a problem with water last night and was up all night fixing it. Later on in the evening went to go pick up my daughter and found this in a store that I rarely ever go to.... signed kfl with English hallmarks. I don't have a tape measure handy because it's underneath the cabinet and I don't feel like getting up at the moment because I don't want to look at that stuff right now but here's a picture of how big it is. Honestly I'm surprised I even saw it. But it's definitely the nicest one I've ever found.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493436798.826746.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493436821.700226.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493436882.835211.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1493436968.616189.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Sterling frames. So for all the Sterling ones I've found have been Tiffany. Based on the position of your hallmark so I'll have to look harder. Thanks!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Sterling frames. So for all the Sterling ones I've found have been Tiffany. Based on the position of your hallmark so I'll have to look harder. Thanks!

All the ones have you found have been Tiffany? Interested in trading LOL this one's going to be fun to polish!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only seen one other like it in a little antique shop. The guy wanted $350. for it.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy. It may be years before it gets online. Because my polishing skills are on the lazy side of things.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy guacamole!! That's a great find BK!! The date letter is for 1985.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is going to be a hard one to cleanup. I use these little soft toothbrushes they give me free at the dog groomer and some silver cream polish on those silver pieces with heavy repousse work. I doesn't scratch it, but gets down in the lower areas. I just scrub in a light circular motion and then rinse it off in the sink and rub it down with soft silver cloth. It be good if you can remove just the silver part on this item to do all the work, plus you could get a weight. Hate to say this, but if it was I who picked that up for 4 bucks it be stripped and added to the pile. Being that it's not really old and kinda funky in style imo, I'd be worried it wouldn't really sell much over the value of scrap, but you never know. You could get 3 bidders that just has to have it to match the decor of thier Victorian​ era home?

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
All the ones have you found have been Tiffany? Interested in trading LOL this one's going to be fun to polish!

No need for tedious polishing! While wearing rubber gloves, wet a cloth with the Connoisseur's Silver Jewelry Cleaner that I told you about, then wipe it down with the cloth making sure that none of the Jewelry Cleaner liquid leaks under or behind the glass. Once done, just wipe with a damp cloth with water in it, then dry the frame with a soft towel and you will be amazed at how it comes out.

Frank

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing a bit of tidying up on some older threads, mainly for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

Nice frame. It is indeed London hallmarked for sterling with a 1985 date letter. The “K F Ld” mark is for Keyford Frames Ltd, who registered in both Birmingham and London.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread