Colonial coin silver, a swing and a miss

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say a swing and a miss because I would love to find a piece of Revere silver and this was "only" made by someone who apprenticed under him. I paid $3 at an antique mall I frequent for this serving spoon marked Hardy for Stephen Hardy, a contemporary & student of Paul Revere.
20170902_125546.jpg 20170902_125750.jpg

OP
OP
kali_is_my_copilot

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it came in at just under 60 grams and I sold it to one of my guys for $60. Haven't been selling online for a couple of months now and this kind of thing doesn't sell the same way in TX as it would anywhere in the NE corner of the country. I love finding old American coin silver though, it's so easy for people who aren't familiar with it to overlook.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! Love colonial silver from Newport RI silversmiths.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score, congratulations! :occasion14:

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh snap! What a find!! Nice coffin handle. Definitely Stephen Hardy from Portsmouth, NH. Probably circa 1799 to about 1810. The coffin handle design was made in honor of Washingtons death and pretty much ceased around 1810. Great find!! Love to have that in my collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions