how much do you keep and how much do you sell?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is completely up to you. Try not to get attached to anything yet still have an interest in what you buy. As difficult as it sounds it can be done. I still struggle with it....:tongue3:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have about 80% of my purchases! I'm slowly trying to sell the rest.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep probably too much, but if I don't pay cash I don't buy it. Never do I whip out the plastic for this hobby/addiction though.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've so much danged junk now, I'm considering Ebay for that already. Thrift stores around here already have "entrepreneurs" waiting at the doors when they open.

I think my better profits will be in selling off what I've accumulated all my life first, yet still look for beautiful things in the thrift stores.

I'm crowded out with junk already!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50%. Keep the best stuff though

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy to resell and that is what I do. I have never been one who needs or wants things.

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That is completely up to you. Try not to get attached to anything yet still have an interest in what you buy. As difficult as it sounds it can be done. I still struggle with it....:tongue3:

My problem is I sometimes buy fugly stuff that I think is a great deal, and then I get stuck with it for a long time. My friend kept telling me, only buy stuff you like in case you are stuck with it. Right now, my problem is my jewelry jars. I love love love love love buying them. I find all kinds of great stuff 75% of the time. The good stuff I keep ... My husband is moaning that I keep all the good stuff and don't bother with selling the junky stuff... Halfway true. Tonight I sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay.
But I do keep all the gorgeous things for myself!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep all my finds. Now stuff I've bought, well, it's not special so if I need some money, off it goes!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stock pile and when I have a unexpected expenses I go through and pull out items to cash in. Last time I sold on eBay was maybe 6 months ago. I needed a clutch in my work truck and the bill was $1200.00. I went through some things and in less than 2 weeks I'd got over $2000.00 for the crap I stashed away. Couple years ago I wanted out of Wells Fargo, but had a $4000.00 buy out. The junk I had on hand took care of 75% of that bill and now I have nothing whatsoever to do with those stinkers at Wells Fargo and all the accounts are closed. I do keep what I like for a last resort, but then some things that were selling well three years ago, ain't doing the same today. All that stuff I should just sell for what I ever can get now and settle for a loss or have a yard sale.?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My problem is I sometimes buy fugly stuff that I think is a great deal, and then I get stuck with it for a long time. My friend kept telling me, only buy stuff you like in case you are stuck with it. Right now, my problem is my jewelry jars. I love love love love love buying them. I find all kinds of great stuff 75% of the time. The good stuff I keep ... My husband is moaning that I keep all the good stuff and don't bother with selling the junky stuff... Halfway true. Tonight I sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay.
But I do keep all the gorgeous things for myself!
Never fall in love with anything that won't love you back.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy everything with the intention of selling it.

You know what they say though... the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the most part, when I'm picking/buying, it's with the intention of flipping it eventually. I figure my flipping will turn into profit that I can then use to buy keepers or fund my hobbies.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my yard sale purchases are for flipping. However I do collect specific early stuff and most of that I don't generally find at yard sales. My auction purchases are generally for my own collection. My free transfer station (dump) finds are for flipping with the occasional keeper find.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right now I'm 95% pick, 5% flip. haha I have banked some pretty nice stuff recently. My goal, by end of 2018, everything that has come in has been resold or donated. Life is hectic right now, too hectic to flip, but not too hectic to skip the hunt. I'm always on the hunt. :D

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to sell probably 95% but my goal is always 100%. That way I get to enjoy many more things without being attached to any of it. I find that if I have too much, I forget I have it, and so there's no enjoyment to it. The fun is in the hunt for me.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take-give-nothing-back.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread