What we've got here.... is

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14k jewelcrest. A ring enameled as 32?? Is this a classring from that time?? Or something else. I'm honestly not sure but it's the first gold ring I've bought that fits me and man is it comfortable... still doing the research in case it's a rare one worth more than scrap... IMG_4795.JPG IMG_4796.JPG IMG_4797.JPG IMG_4798.JPG IMG_4799.JPG beachkid can you be of assistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
It is a Masonic ring, 32nd degree Mason. If you aren't one, you shouldn't be wearing it. I would suggest eBay, sell it to a Mason looking for one and you will get more than scrap.

T. (a Mason)

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
He hasn't earned the right, he has not been through the Degrees. If you can't understand that, I wouldn't be able to explain it to you. If that sounds horrible or like I am being a piss ant, I am sorry, but it is just the facts. If he wants to become a Mason and put the years of work and learning and time into going through all the Degrees, then by all means, he should wear it. Would you want to wear the ring of a group you didn't belong to? That you have not bothered to learned the history and meaning behind? Would you want someone to wear a ring of YOUR group if they didn't know or have bothered to learn your beliefs and ideals? Hopefully, I have in fact explained it.

T.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No different than wearing a unearned military decoration or putting a diploma on the wall from a school you didn’t go to. The thing may look cool, but...

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously I didn't know what it was because I thought it was a classring... I'm going to clean it up and I have been in contact with a free mason who is attempting to find a buyer for.. otherwise it's going on eBay for $600.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I get it! Dang sure glad there isn't some severe penalty for wearing one of those rings.

Attachments

• cca098d071cf486618655870937cd7f6.jpg
    cca098d071cf486618655870937cd7f6.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 407

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Obviously I didn't know what it was because I thought it was a classring... I'm going to clean it up and I have been in contact with a free mason who is attempting to find a buyer for.. otherwise it's going on eBay for $600.

I gathered you didn't know what it was or it's meaning. I only identified it for you, let you know that if you were thinking of wearing it, as I took from your post you were, that you really shouldn't and I let you know it was worth more than spot to the right person. I was trying to help you there. I was not replying to you at all in my second post. I hope I am now clear to all parties, but I am not sorry I "spoke" up and tried to be informative, helpful and explain myself.

T.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense taken from the first post. All the after was a bit rash and assuming I'd wear it. Already decided that money will fund a ring of my own.. probably partially.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet ring though! Reminds me of the piece of unmarked Masonic gold I found once years back. I'm still kicking myself for selling it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread