Consignment stores

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thrift stores around me have been closing or just switching to everything being online. So their selection has been terrible. But new consignment stores seem to be popping up here and there. One of them will not sell gold but they sell silver and I was able to pick up this ring for $15 with this huge octopus on the front of it. It is so ugly and cool I figured it had to sell. Well it sold today for $100 and I took my family out ice-skating from the sale!

P.s. i dont skate, im the official purse holding and photo taking buddy. Busted my head one time and decided never again! They had fun though!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515217570.228078.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515217596.054165.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1515217629.924697.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
You are exactly right...it is ugly and cool at the same time. That stuff always sells! Congrats! That’s even more than I would have expected. I need to raise my selling standards. Haha!

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good job! Ugly clothes, ugly furniture, ugly jewelry... always on the lookout!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s an awesome score and sale. It’s nice to do something with the profits and know that it didn’t come out of the household budget. Well done!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most the consignment shops around me are directed to women's apparel, but they do have jewelry and that's what gets me in those specialty shops. I picked up a small ladies solid 14k gold case wristwatch in one. It was $35.00 and stripped the case and bezel weighed 3 plus grams.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most the consignment shops around me are directed to women's apparel, but they do have jewelry and that's what gets me in those specialty shops. I picked up a small ladies solid 14k gold case wristwatch in one. It was $35.00 and stripped the case and bezel weighed 3 plus grams.

I’m not gonna lie, I get some looks when I walk into the stores sometimes too. They’re always late can I help you sir.lol. No I’m just here to look at women’s clothing and go to the jewelry case. One place has out rages prices on gold, but there Sterling is cheap so I got a large Silpada bracelet for $10

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not gonna lie, I get some looks when I walk into the stores sometimes too. They’re always late can I help you sir.lol. No I’m just here to look at women’s clothing and go to the jewelry case. One place has out rages prices on gold, but there Sterling is cheap so I got a large Silpada bracelet for $10

How dare they assume your gender in this day and age. Yeesh! :laughing9:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up selling for family time is what it is all about. Took mine to London and Paris on my sales. Took a while to save up but well worth it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im more afraid of walking in and getting how does this look on me question... lol. Horrible!
They just think I'm a crossdresser looking desperately for anything in my size. But heck the jewelry sometimes works well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread