Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Need some advice....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Need some advice....

Or a womanís touch! Friend of mine and I are selling glass and other vintage/antique items in an antique booth. I know these donít sell for very much anyways but as far as the fixtures and the glassware/items we have no money invested whatsoever. I only have money invested in the jewelry and the silver. All of the stuff plus all of the stands are out of the owners house.

My mom called and asked how our antique booth was doing, I said itís horrible but our thrift store is doing good! Weíre not allowed to have any metal or plastic shelving. Except for Bakers rackís. I wanted to add some photos and maybe get some advice as to what I can change. I just feel like it looks like a thrift store. Basically our items are between $1-20. And Iím not trying to spend a fortune at the moment because where we live is very seasonal and Iím not sure the next couple months weíre going to make a whole lot. But I can spend about $500.

But looking at these pictures is there anything you would change or what advice do you have?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526362895.083979.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	863.1 KB 
ID:	1590416

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526362920.952165.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	943.0 KB 
ID:	1590417

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526362951.267623.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	886.2 KB 
ID:	1590418

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526362981.889945.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	784.7 KB 
ID:	1590419

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363005.105154.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	852.5 KB 
ID:	1590420

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363027.232581.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	849.9 KB 
ID:	1590421

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363048.482515.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	857.2 KB 
ID:	1590422

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363104.157668.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	849.0 KB 
ID:	1590423

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363128.227344.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	855.0 KB 
ID:	1590424

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363153.002632.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	930.1 KB 
ID:	1590425

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526363177.482418.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	768.8 KB 
ID:	1590426
    Last edited by Beachkid23; May 15, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus w/ HF coils, & 11" LF. Land and Sea pinpointer
    672 times
    Dang man. That is a lot of glassware. Price it to sell quick.

Booth looks good. Clean and organized.
    AARC likes this.

us
    Nov 2009
    1092 times
    I don't see how you could cram much more into the booth without making it hard to navigate. Keep the shelves full. It helps to draw people into your booth if you can position eye catching pieces in places where people have to go in to access them.

On a side note, it looks like you may have some of the Fire King McDonald's "Good Morning" mugs. I know most of those are relatively low value. If you have any that also have a city you should sell on eBay. They evidently go for a good bit more.

us
    May 2009
    NC USA
    Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT, Garrett Infinium
    3614 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    I would take the tall pieces off the shelf. Seems like they could be knocked off easily. Other than that it looks great. Maybe some pricing zones like Under $5. Signage like Fire King etc.
    diggummup likes this.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trdhrdr007 View Post
    I don't see how you could cram much more into the booth without making it hard to navigate. Keep the shelves full. It helps to draw people into your booth if you can position eye catching pieces in places where people have to go in to access them.

On a side note, it looks like you may have some of the Fire King McDonald's "Good Morning" mugs. I know most of those are relatively low value. If you have any that also have a city you should sell on eBay. They evidently go for a good bit more.
    Theres a ton of glass. All the mugs are a $1. May have to go lower on the rest of the mugs. Currently looking for white or light colored wood bookshelves to replace some of the shorter ones, but with a new antique mall setting up so was everyone else so they rather slim. I suppose I could just buy some paint and paint some as well.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDon View Post
    I would take the tall pieces off the shelf. Seems like they could be knocked off easily. Other than that it looks great. Maybe some pricing zones like Under $5. Signage like Fire King etc.
    Thatís probably good idea little tag saying this or that

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by InflictionOfConviction View Post
    I kinda like the red bronze glass candy dish jar under the 2 green and yellow cookie jars and above the coffee cups on the wooden shelf. Probably one of your better pieces. You have any more from that set. looks like you have a round candy jar same color on the second shelf 3 candy jars in a row. 1940's?
    I think the candy jar might make a comeback someday
    As far as a lot of that stuff, like the milk glass was hot in the eighties.
    a lot of minimalists out there now.
    you might want to check out that fish serving tray. that looks like a nice one.
    The red bronze candy dish was made by the Jeanette Glass company. It's called a wedding compote, the color is Amberina. The other 3 are covered candy dishes by the same maker. They were produced in the 50's.

Beachkid- I would also suggest some signage. I wouldn't leave small jewelry type objects on the middle table like they are though. Costume/fashion jewelry or not, people steal just "because" and for no other reason.
    If you want to invest in something, get you a couple/few of those countertop wood and glass display boxes with the lids that lock or you can put a padlock on. Good for a variety of small worthy objects besides jewelry. It's a shame because we just threw out an entire jewelry display case from TJ Maxx a few weeks ago. Last year we probably tossed 5 of them into the dumpster.

If I didn't live on the other side of the state, I'd be tempted to stop by and take a look and give you another few boxes of glass, lol.
    What are the pair of peacock things?

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    879 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would add some flowers the fake ones of course. Also think about putting some bright color material under the items like you did with the yellow table cloth. Maybe a few lights that work of batteries. Get those small ones LED that have the sticky bottom and put above the items in the dark colored shelves.

us
    Apr 2013
    Martinsburg, WV
    White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500 Ace 250
    183 times
    The Fire King tulip bowls and the Pyrex are popular, should sell fast if priced well.
    diggummup likes this.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I would add some flowers the fake ones of course. Also think about putting some bright color material under the items like you did with the yellow table cloth. Maybe a few lights that work of batteries. Get those small ones LED that have the sticky bottom and put above the items in the dark colored shelves.
    Sounds good thereís probably 200 fake flowers at the house. so I donít have to go far to get them. Weíre getting three Bakers rackĎs tomorrow and cutting plywood to put underneath them. so ill pick up some different color spray paint for the wood. Although it will probably look ugly as heck. Haha.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    The red bronze candy dish was made by the Jeanette Glass company. It's called a wedding compote, the color is Amberina. The other 3 are covered candy dishes by the same maker. They were produced in the 50's.

Beachkid- I would also suggest some signage. I wouldn't leave small jewelry type objects on the middle table like they are though. Costume/fashion jewelry or not, people steal just "because" and for no other reason.
    If you want to invest in something, get you a couple/few of those countertop wood and glass display boxes with the lids that lock or you can put a padlock on. Good for a variety of small worthy objects besides jewelry. It's a shame because we just threw out an entire jewelry display case from TJ Maxx a few weeks ago. Last year we probably tossed 5 of them into the dumpster.

If I didn't live on the other side of the state, I'd be tempted to stop by and take a look and give you another few boxes of glass, lol.
    What are the pair of peacock things?
    Itís all stuff I canít really sell on eBay anyways because itís just cheap $3-6 dollar pieces.. I sold a bunch of plastic cameos for six dollars apiece. Who wouldíve thought! Lady came by tonight and asked if I had any more she would buy them all, Which I picked up on that and had five more and she bought them as well!

The Peacock go on top of a jar. I believe, they seem to be the same size as those moon and star canisters.

If you come across any other jewelry displays and may fit inside of a Honda Odyssey minivan Iíll come pick it up. Road trips are fun unless my van breaks down. She has 158,000 miles but just use it for moving things anymore. Never had a problem with it too much until I hit a tire on the interstate going 85 miles an hour. That must have shook all the connections loose or something! My mom was with me and said you should slow down incase you hit a tire! Not 30 seconds later. OH S%^*!

But it only seems to break down in my driveway for now. My neighbors keep laughing that I have it towed but itís paid for and has air-conditioning so itís worth keeping.

I think signage is good too. I just put something up saying what booth I had because no one can find the information when they want to see inside of the case. I will definitely get my wife to write some stuff out because my writing is about equivalent to a second-grader. Or have my daughter type something out for me.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
    The Fire King tulip bowls and the Pyrex are popular, should sell fast if priced well.
    I think I just sold my first Pyrex today for $10. I guess Iím gonna have to drop it all down to eight but itís only been two days so Iíll see after this weekend.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4104 times
    This is the back of my van. Haha. Some of itís going to a storage locker tomorrow. Itís supposed to go to another booth but theyíre not open because thereís protests about a statue downtown so theyíre closing the doors til further notice. I could probably fill my van honestly 30 times more with boxes. But a lot of itís going to go in the storage lockers because I want to start setting out all of the clocks and knickknacks things instead of glass.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526437667.966846.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	541.6 KB 
ID:	1590758

us
    Apr 2016
    Washington
    96 times
    Coin Roll Hunter, Thrift Store Hunter & Dumpster Diver
    Maybe add a black light to one of the shelves? I know some of the glass vendors in my local antique mall use them. Helps the milk glass pop & highlights any vaseline glass.

us
    May 2017
    KY
    61 times
    My wife bought a couple of those "genie" bottles a couple months ago. She wanted to keep one and seel one. She sold it very fast for $30. They also sell well on the 'bay.

edit to add: It's the tall slim amber one with the stopper in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links