May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thrift stores have not been producing much in my area so I spent a little time looking on eBay. I’ve been having a blast fixing some of my old Timexes so I looked for another project watch. I spied this 1970s crosshair watch with the brown dial And it looked like a pretty good case so I bought it for $7.99. It turned out to be a fun purchase. It’s a 1976 with a caliber 25 marlin movement. A quick service new Crystal and a new strap and she’s looking mighty good. Not worth much but fun to wear. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529114044.204760.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529114057.544803.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529115511.023640.jpg
I also won an auction that has a 4 watches including a 21 jewel timex in what looks to be a 60’s day Date. Might be two good ones to restore.

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a neat repair job. They had a Timex museum in Waterbury, CT, however it recently closed. I heard they,Timex, are still trying to figure what to do with the watches.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a neat repair job. They had a Timex museum in Waterbury, CT, however it recently closed. I heard they,Timex, are still trying to figure what to do with the watches.

Too bad. They should give them to the National Watch Museum. It is the rightful place for them. Here is my mini museum Timex collection. All pre-1980 except The rare US time traveler time zone watch and the gold one without a strap which is an early 1980s mechanical movement just before they stopped producing them. The first four in the top row Marlins. The second two are Sprites. The rest are 1970s mechanicals except for the last two which are electrics. I hate I sold my military dial one a few years ago. It was a nice one. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1529115693.155211.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really! A 21 jewel Timex. First I've ever heard that. What country was the movement made? I believe some Timex movements came from Great Britain and I think I saw a Timex that had a movement from Germany one time ?? Like your Timex collection.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really! A 21 jewel Timex. First I've ever heard that. What country was the movement made? I believe some Timex movements came from Great Britain and I think I saw a Timex that had a movement from Germany one time ?? Like your Timex collection.

They actually did a line of 17 jewel and 21 Jewel movements and of course the Timex you really want to get is the 14 karat one.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They actually did a line of 17 jewel and 21 Jewel movements and of course the Timex you really want to get is the 14 karat one.
I do know the older Timex's are gaining interest to some collectors now. This is good, as the thrift stores are still putting them out cheap when they get em in. I know I've got a couple of old ones. I think I got one that was made just after the name US Time was dropped as I believe it is a US Time watch that has the Timex name instead. I'll see if I can find it and and see what you think it is. I believe it's a very early Timex brand ww. ?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats on the deal.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice repair job, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread