tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by an indoor flea market last Friday. In one booth I found a tray of all kinds of cufflinks, pins and other small pieces of jewelry and these are what I selectively picked out. The vintage 10k gold sorority pins were $2 each and the 10k 1933 Dawson HS ring was $3.00. The ring is marked 10K, but as usual these little sorority pins are never marked outside of the original owner's name, but I've bought enough of these to know that these are all made in 10K gold. It's amazing how something so small can weigh so much and I could feel it in just the palm of my hand when I picked them all out.

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_060053347_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180708_060053347_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 258
Last edited:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve done very well on vintage gold sorority pins. From $125 to $450+, depending on school and fraternity combination. Great score!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

I’ve done very well on vintage gold sorority pins. From $125 to $450+, depending on school and fraternity combination. Great score!

I'm always on the look out for them. I've only found one so far though.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats, nice buys.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really! So I should quit taking scrap value out of them?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

I'm always on the look out for them. I've only found one so far though.
When I do find them I'll usually find more than just one together. This flea market has a few booth run by estate buyers who pay one amount for everything and they then go about unloading the merchandise in various ways either taking the furniture, appliances and large items to a direct buyer or listing on those things on Craigslist. Ive talk to them and they all have monthly storage rental facilities they pack full and you can get a lot smalls in these flea market booths for that kind of stuff. They do over look items as they're generally in a rush to turn everything in to cash asap. They tell me a fair amount even goes to the thift stores also.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy prices for gold! Congrats

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice gold finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread