tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well nothing was on TV tonight, so I went to one my local big TS'rs. I spotted this Lalique Duex Fleur's perfume bottle and then I saw this fancy glass bottle stopper. I had a hunch it was also made by Lalique and with the help of my Motorola smartphone I was able to confirm it is a Lalique bottle stopper for a Claiefaine perfume bottle. I'm thinking I could list it as a replacement to someone who has a missing or broken bottle top of that design? Of course it might need to be ground fitted to their bottle, but I've had that done before on a stopper that was missing on a fancy perfume bottle I had that had a broken stopper. That cost me 20 bucks to have that done. I did look high and low for the bottom and it may just show up some time, unless someone already found it and saw it was signed Lalique and decided to take it anyways.These Lalique's don't sell like they did in the past, but I'll make a few bucks out of these items I'm thinking?

Attachments

• IMG_20180901_183925050.jpg
    IMG_20180901_183925050.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20180901_183933817.jpg
    IMG_20180901_183933817.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20180901_185438536.jpg
    IMG_20180901_185438536.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice eye...:icon_thumleft:

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I agree that they went down, but also that they still sell. I sit on them till a good offer comes in. The top looks fragile so yeah I think ur right somebody’s got to need a replacement.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tv or thrift store? I’ll take the latter every time. Great pieces. Not something you see every day. I would go back frequently as the other piece might show up. It has happened to me twice. Once on a sterling base creamer when I found the sugar bowl a month later and on a tea set missing a sugar bowl also. Showed up two months later.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my hope is I'll find it. Went yesterday, but there's a ton of clear glass to look through at this store. I think I'll have better odds searching eBay for a bottle that has either a chipped stopper or one missing? I'm sure if one does come up it won't sell for very much. You'd be surprised at how many pieces of Lalique I've uncovered at thrift stores. It's not like I do all the time, but I'll bet I'm getting close to 10 or so pieces over the last 5 years. None of it's the really old expensive stuff, but the new small items they sell today and it's always priced cheap to. I always check the crystal for signed pieces. All the Waterford I find I now sell to a local antique store for quick cash, as eBay has become a hassle to peddle that kind of stuff now, or so it seems to me.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread