Maori Statue ~ Any Worthpoint Subscribers?

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a great wooden carving at ‘the’ big chain store the other day. It stands 18” tall and has the traditional face tattoo of the Maori with beautiful paua shell eyes.

I found an identical statue on an auction site that looks as if it sold for $743. Here is a screenshot and a link:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1539975442.953647.jpg

https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/5099191-wooden-statue-of-a-warrior-maori-new-zealand

I also found this one (10.25” instead of 18”) on Worthpoint, but I don’t have a subscription. Would anybody be willing to check the sold price for me?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-maori-carved-figure-face-1842397114

Thanks in advance for any help!

OP
OP
SDIceMan

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much bdsawyer! Kind of a bummer that it sold for so much less than the one on the other auction site. I think I’ll do a buy-it-now with a best offer option and hope for the best. Thanks again!

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much bdsawyer! Kind of a bummer that it sold for so much less than the one on the other auction site. I think I’ll do a buy-it-now with a best offer option and hope for the best. Thanks again!

No problem! Hope you can get a little more for yours, good luck.

OP
OP
SDIceMan

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long overdue update. I sold this statue on January 12th for $650, about one hour after listing it. I listed it at $750 or best offer, and countered an offer of $550 with $650, which was subsequently accepted by the buyer. It was really awesome to replenish my dwindling bank account after the Christmas season! Thanks again, and happy hunting!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great return!

A2coins