Hit a nice Silver score!!!

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Went to a thrift shop where everything was .50c today.
I have found some nice things here before.

Was rummaging around trying to find something nice and came across a bend of silverware that didn’t have much in it. Only a few spoons and forks and a knife.
I pulled a spoon out and looked on the back and noticed it said, “Wallace Sterling.” As well as “Romance of the Sea.”
My jaw about hit the floor.
Then I pulled out more of the same kind. Ended up being 6 pieces. (4 spoons, 1 Fork, 1 Knife)

So in total I paid $3.00 plus tax for all 6 pieces!!!
Made my day!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550350843.579288.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550350911.096510.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1550350932.581032.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say each piece would have a pretty good value over spot prices. That's a very good find for what you paid.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find! :occasion14:

I would love to use one setting for my meals! :icon_thumleft:

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding, and I agree that they look nice and heavy. Worth more than scrap value obviously also. Nice find!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy they sure look thick

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sterling flatware has been a hot seller for a long time now. When I first started eBay in the 90s. One of the places I hunted was a little curio shop in Denver. The guy that ran the place was also getting on board with selling on eBay and he told me he was blown away with what he was getting on the sterling flatware he was selling. I really wasn't aware of looking for that stuff as back then I was obsessed with finding old time pieces, but I then began hunting and buying all things sterling if the price was right. Then silver pretty-much skyrocketed and the pickings of silver got to be much harder to find. I still see it every now and then, but so much of it ain't cheap. Some dealers got prices of 20 bucks each on short weighted candlesticks these days and many of the thrift shops pay people to sort it and gold out, so it can be sold online. Seems there's always a force working against the treasure hunter, but that doesn't stop me. It's still fun just to get out and hope the deal of the century is just around the corner.

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those thrift shop scores. I notice people Googling items in Goodwill stores or thrift shops. I try to do that and still find my smartphone outsmarts me. Alot!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous pieces!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more thing. You need to hit that TS with a high level of frequency. I have more than a few times found sterling flatware one day and more the same stuff a day or two later, because they haven't finished sorting and placing it all out. It's better you be the one getting it all than some other picker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread