May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a totally bust day on Saturday. Something told me to go to the TS today. I ended up buying a small bag of watches for $7 dollars because I saw a Swatch I wanted. I was completely shocked to find this small ladies 14 karat gold Terval in the pile. It runs great even better. I also got a sterling silver Coldwater creek watch and a nice Timex Expedition. I then hit the GW boutique and was dumbfounded to find a Vostok and an absolutely pristine 1972 Timex Diver 27260. For $10 total. Two bucket list watches in one stop! GW is back baby! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558385091.904314.jpg

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds jimdon, wish I knew about watches.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That timex is awesome

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say a good watch day... Dang watch bags in the TS's around here all have prices of $49.95. They're big, but always full of junk. That Timex is definitely a key Timex collectible for sure and that lady's gold one looks like it's at least good 5 grams. I never buy those Russian watches and I see quite a few of them from time to time. I picked up a wonderful condition with original band Timex Mercury for 3 bucks, but it wouldn't go. I put it on eBay and even not running it sold for over 20 to a guy in Norway. I see someone is selling old mechanical Timex watches that are all serviced and running. How they fix them idk? The movements are held together by tiny metal taps from what I see. That seller gets good money for them after he cleans them up and has them running.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say a good watch day... Dang watch bags in the TS's around here all have prices of $49.95. They're big, but always full of junk. That Timex is definitely a key Timex collectible for sure and that lady's gold one looks like it's at least good 5 grams. I never buy those Russian watches and I see quite a few of them from time to time. I picked up a wonderful condition with original band Timex Mercury for 3 bucks, but it wouldn't go. I put it on eBay and even not running it sold for over 20 to a guy in Norway. I see someone is selling old mechanical Timex watches that are all serviced and running. How they fix them idk? The movements are held together by tiny metal taps from what I see. That seller gets good money for them after he cleans them up and has them running.

They are sort of easy to repair. There are several YouTube videos and downloadable instruction manuals online.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From what i've read the whole watch movement gets cleaned w/o any disassembly (except hands and dial) The main spring is coated so it wont lose lubrication after a dip. I've done a few small repairs on mine which resulted in running watches but i've always kept them. I don't trust it enough to sell afterwards

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad some Timex's have gained some notoriety by some collectors. That makes one more timepiece move off the list of crap and into a find at the TS's. Not sure those folks will ever catch on to any Timex, being worth a lot. My first brand new automatic watch was a Timex I got for Christmas around the time I was in junior high in 1970 or so. I remember the math teacher was handing out our assignments on our desk and stopped a minute and said that's a nice looking watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread