May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GW boutique keeps giving up great watches. Got this Seiko USA Time zone watch for $7. Like new and quite rare quartz movement. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560893653.171806.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My local GW is a complete disappointment, I mean it's rare they ever have anything worth a crud, especially watches. The ARC is where the good stuff finds its way to be sold again. They've got watches coming in all the time and you just gotta be there to get the good ones. I just asked the manager if she had any not set out as they've had the same cheap quartz ones for a while now. She said they've got some they need to price, but I'll have to wait until they find the time to get to them. Hopefully that Grand Seiko I'm looking for will find it's way to the show case.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable I hit another GW today and found this small sterling platter. Weighs a whopping 11 ozt. Things are definitely changing for the better in my area. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560904379.059707.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1560904421.492298.jpg

Last edited:

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very handsome watch right there

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to show how much silver they mined in Mexico. Almost all the silver items out of there were made a bit more heavy that other places. Meyer Guggenheim brought the silver market to it's knees back during the silver boom of the late 19th century with all the cheap silver he flooded the market with from Mexico. https://mininghalloffame.org/inductee/guggenheim-0

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to show how much silver they mined in Mexico. Almost all the silver items out of there were made a bit more heavy that other places. Meyer Guggenheim brought the silver market to it's knees back during the silver boom of the late 19th century with all the cheap silver he flooded the market with from Mexico. https://mininghalloffame.org/inductee/guggenheim-0

Ha, I don’t even go into mine anymore. Trash is all it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice watch, I'd wear that with pride! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, I don’t even go into mine anymore. Trash is all it.
I still go in mine reluctantly. I did find a nice silver bowl in it maybe 3 years ago, but that was it and for some reason I say to myself, maybe, just maybe they'll have something good in this place this time. I then leave saying to myself, why do they even waist the space with all this crap. There is a thing about some thrift stores I've noticed and it's when they put things on the shelf by it's colors. They'll put everything blue together, they'll have a stretch of all items red and so on with everything green.. It just seems to me when I see a store doing that, it's a sign the place has nothing worth looking around for. I'm not sure why that it's with me thinking that, other than it just looks tacky. I like places that have it all mixed up, as that gets me in the mood to look closely for that treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread