diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have doing alright this summer reselling a few things from the thrift. I found this tube amp for 100 dollars! It was hard to buy as I'm saving for a vacation but that same day it sold for 550 at a Buy it now on eBay. Look out for 1960s tube amps. (Supro)That helps. The Elks door hardware was on Facebook marketplace. I had to drive a little out of my way but 60 turned into 350 dollars. I have done very well with red Coleman lanterns. They usually get sent to Japan where they are cherished. A very good item to look for. I have flipped quite a few pieces antique furniture also. Happy Hunting! Spring will be here soon and it is such a good time at the thrift stores!!!! I forget who posted something about the SLR cameras but thank you. I purchased about a dozen over the past year or so and was very pleased when I sold them. Canon AE 1 program cameras do well!!!Let me know some items you all do well with!!! Screenshot_20191214-154027.png Screenshot_20191214-154104.png

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Wow! Old hardware has been gaining in pricing, but those are killer. I would have guessed also they'd go for a pretty good price to the right buyer. Be a nice accoutrement on an entry door of a multi-million dollar renovated old bar in Telluride, Aspen or Crested Butte. I've got an old red Coleman 1970s era in my stash, has the box to. Paid 7 bucks for it. Dang I gotta get down to CCV and pay you a visit. When I do I'll bring you some pickens, if you're interested. To much buying and not enough selling I've got myself into.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tamrock, I'm glad you didn't see that hardware first. I had to drive up to Denver to get it! I paid 1.75 for one of my Coleman red lanterns! Anytime your in the area drop buy. I'm sure you would find something you couldn't live without. Mining items go very well up here, my store is small but people love rooting around in there. I'm with you, too much buying... I would be happy to put anything you have up for sale. I'm very interested. I mainly open in the summer, but will open the doors anytime.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tamrock, I'm glad you didn't see that hardware first. I had to drive up to Denver to get it! I paid 1.75 for one of my Coleman red lanterns! Anytime your in the area drop buy. I'm sure you would find something you couldn't live without. Mining items go very well up here, my store is small but people love rooting around in there. I'm with you, too much buying... I would be happy to put anything you have up for sale. I'm very interested. I mainly open in the summer, but will open the doors anytime.
I've looked in the window before, just haven't called the contract number I think I saw on the door. It's a neat looking little shop. Victor's an awesome little town. A lot folks are really getting into the historic mining towns these days. I went through Leadville last Monday and hit the antique mall up there. Still some tourist floating about even this time of the year.

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked in the window before, just haven't called the contract number I think I saw on the door. It's a neat looking little shop. Victor's an awesome little town. A lot folks are really getting into the historic mining towns these days. I went through Leadville last Monday and hit the antique mall up there. Still some tourist floating about even this time of the year.

My shop is next to and down from the Library! Victor has a lot going for it with mining heritage. The Strong mine might open up, which would be awesome. I would apply as a tour guide! I've seen lots of businesses come and go and housing prices have gone up dramatically. I arrived here at a good time. I love that mall in Leadville! Message first if you come up I'm not always around.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice tube Amp find! :occasion14:

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job , Congrats !!! Love the elks club hardware !!! One of my red lanterns just went to Japan as well . Merry Christmas to you and the family.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.s. Did ya get ahold of the Sexton & Burris ??

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great items!

And great turn around!

I did well on a Coleman lantern once,.........

But way older than the red ones,........1928, nickel font, big hat, "mica",......

I bid against others at a local auction and won,... $75.00

Then I researched the daylights out of it.

Auctioned off on ebay for $640.00

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job , Congrats !!! Love the elks club hardware !!! One of my red lanterns just went to Japan as well . Merry Christmas to you and the family.
Thanks Charlie, those lanterns are money makers! Merry Christmas to your family as well. The guy wanted way to much for the bottle. I like the older style and it's much better if I can find them. It was in great shape!

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great items!

And great turn around!

I did well on a Coleman lantern once,.........

But way older than the red ones,........1928, nickel font, big hat, "mica",......

I bid against others at a local auction and won,... $75.00

Then I researched the daylights out of it.

Auctioned off on ebay for $640.00
Thanks SanMan, old lamps and lanterns are some of my favorite things to find. I just picked up one of the very first bike/moterbike acetelene lamps. It is a beauty and I will have a hard time parting with it. They were auctioning off a dozen very old lanterns near by me but I couldn't make it to the auction. It sure pays off to research, I'm glad you did well with yours. I have one that needs the mica top, it's worthless with out it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions