Anyone have any luck at the Goodwill Bin/outlet stores?

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It used to be exceptionally good. However, Goodwill has been on a very intensive growth phase with their stores over the past couple of years.

Now that all these large stores have to get feed the amount of merchandise that gets shunted there unsorted is low. Used to be that any overflow used to get sent to the outlets and just dumped out on the tables. Those were the days. Now its 95% trash, at least where I left from and where I am at now.

If you need stuff for the house its ok. You will rarely find anything of enough value to make up your time unless you are just looking for something to do.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No luck. I don't know why I bother. Apparently anything decent goes online these days. They haven't missed enough to make it worth my time.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones here are expensive.
Plus, they list online the better and nicer things.

The smaller no name, lesser known, more the mom and pop type,.....
There you will find some good items.
You just have to check often.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is starting to be widespread with them or not. Saw a book I'd been looking for, for $3.50 - $6.50 on Amazon. Didn't order for a few days and when I went back they were sold. About a week later, GW had the one with the crease in the cover on their site for a dollar short of the full cover price. So I guess GW is snatching up books with good prices, marking them up & flipping them on their sites. Hope this helps you other book hunters out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread