Antique Czech Peking Glass Necklace

May 30, 2020
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Costume jewelry bins are always one of my favorite finds in thrift stores. Most of the time I break barely even when purchasing large jars of 'broken' or costume jewelry, then sometimes I hit! Found this amazing necklace(previously, in a few pieces) in an assorted jar at the local thrift. Which I believe to be a Peking Glass necklace era. 1910-1920's
20200608_055825.jpg

No noticeable jeweler's mark anywhere, except for a stamp on the clasp marked 'czechslov' (possible fading, missing some letters) The central and two smaller cabochons are trimmed in silver featuring a victorian/art deco motif. The decorative links between each set of pearls is also silver with all links being brass throughout.

20200608_055841.jpg
20200608_055910.jpg

Kind of shocked something like this was overlooked, then again, I've found plenty of gold with the same method!

Always happy to hear anyone else's opinion on this find, she'll get a proper cleaning and a spot on my wall!

Happy Hunting!
-Jonny

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Yes, it is what is known as "Peking glass", although what was produced in the Czech republic was an imitation of the much earlier Chinese product. Although they made it from the late 1800s onwards, your necklace won't be as old as 1910. The first Czech republic wasn't created until 1918 and before that it was variously known as Bohemia, Moravia, Austrian Silesia and Slovakia. Anything marked with a term that includes "Czech..." will be post WWI. It's likely 1920s to 1930s.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the nice find! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread