tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many times I hit my local ARC TS when I'm close home to see if anything good was there waiting for me and indeed there was. Found this little sugar bowl made by Watrous a company from the US tagged for under 3 bucks. It's a nice little unweighted piece, that I cleaned up and to me it looks more like a small little trophy, instead of a sugar bowl. I'll need to check the place again as I have found before a cream and sugar set finding one piece one day and the other piece a few days later, but still someone may have come along and found the creamer before the sugar bowl made it's way to the shelf. Its just all how the cookie crumbles when it comes to finding treasures this way in a thift shop. Best method is simply be a frequent hunter and that means even more than just one visit to the same place on the same day will strengthen your odds of a score I have found.

Attachments

• 20210211_062355.jpg
    20210211_062355.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210211_062427.jpg
    20210211_062427.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210211_062458.jpg
    20210211_062458.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 93

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s awesome. Perseverance pays off. I wonder sometimes when I walk in one of those and pick something up if it was just really lucky timing. Like how long could something like that last on a shelf. Is it really all just right time right place.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s awesome. Perseverance pays off. I wonder sometimes when I walk in one of those and pick something up if it was just really lucky timing. Like how long could something like that last on a shelf. Is it really all just right time right place.

I believe it is, because sterling items here are lucky too last an hour on the shelf before being spotted.
Nice find! Good luck!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe on this one it was easy to miss the mark. Under the florescent lighting it was hard to see the it, but it was the way it was constructed that had me thinking this is gotta be a pure silver piece so I kept looking for it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would never make it to the shelf in my parts.
Nice one you got.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. There have been several times where I have got different pieces from the same set months apart from each other. Not too long ago I got a really nice silver plate tea set. It was missing the creamer bowl. I bought it and took a picture and asked the lady if I could text it to her and she could see if it was still in the back. She said she would check and sure enough about a week later she found it. Ended up selling the tea set for around 90 bucks which is much more than I would’ve gone without it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread