Southern California (Orange County/Los Angeles County) 2 year old Newbie Needs Help!

Qlipphotic

Jan 19, 2014
San Pedro (Los Angeles)
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
New here and I've been MD'ing for about two years myself, but have never ever met another person who detects or gotten properly trained. I kinda just run with it and taught myself.

I'm looking for experienced people in the OC/LA area who are willing to meet up at one of the beaches or parks (doesn't matter which), have fun detecting, and maybe show me some tricks and give me some pointers as to things I may be doing wrong.

Hopefully there's some people around this area :)

-Chris

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
you might try on the kinzli forum. A good handful of So. CA hunters chime in there. To get to the main page you have to sign up. But it's easy: just pick a name and a password. Then introduce yourself. The older parks have been hammered to death down there, and you gotta be one-tough-cookie to get more silver from them. And another factor is that most of Orange county is post WWII sprawl, as you know. So a lot of the truly older stuff has been covered in asphalt. Or to the extent that there's very old parks in a few spots around Los Angeles, they tend to be in the blighted (read: j*u*n*k*y) areas of town. But you can travel to the mountains for all sorts of little burgs. And sometimes there's storm erosion that erodes the beaches down to old coins there. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions