New to Orange County, CA would like to pan on your claim

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, my 14yo son would like to try panning for gold. Do you have a claim that you are willing to let us pan on? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TNet RSMSherry!

Scroll a little further down to the Gold Prospecting pages where there are a whole bunch of knowledgeable folks who can help you out.

Lots of great threads there.

Some other teens posting.

You guys can pan the South Fork of the San Gabriel River. No claims there, just go. Check out the threads on that.

Also consider attending a meeting of the local OC club -- check out their website here: Orange County 49er's Gold Prospectors

Again, welcome!

You and your son are going to have a blast!

-- Katt.

Last edited:

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Your best chance, even including any private claims, is the East Fork of the San Gabriel River..It is public and you'll find it on Google..The whole area is great and has tons of history..Great camping, hiking, picnicking, and a good chance for gold around bedrock..Midnightmoon is correct about the 49er Club...and the prospecting page..Have fun.

Last edited:

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sherry... let us know where you went and how you did.. just an fyi.. When first learning it's always fun to throw some bbs or small fishing weights in your pan to test your panning skills...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK... We are heading to the SGR-EF to check it out. Getting a VERY late start, had to wait on my son's friend to get back from soccer practice, otherwise I'd hear my son whining all day! LOL!!! Husband is going too but is taking his mountain bike to scout the area and hit a few trails.

I brought some BB's like you suggested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread