South San Diego Detectorist aquaintances wanted . . . I have Permissions !

OP
OP
4x4x4

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DATE-LINE , CAMP LOCKETT 15:30 HRS.
was a beautiful day with (naturally) perfect weather !
We met at Cafe'B and left for the field at 09:30 . We worked around the old camp church , funny enough , in a clockwise direction.
Not much was found, a few live rounds, some current coins, a few buckles, small RR spike a couple of, as yet, unreadable tokens etc.... a few of us continued south, in the bomb training range with mostly small arms shells/bullets and iron detritus found.
The folks that joined us today could easily have been life long friends and I hope to hunt with any of you again ! Thanks .

A reminder....I have some producing permissions ready to hunt ! The most time sensitive is one of the two contiguous parcels along side of a rear-round spring fed lake/pond. 2 parcels total 100 acres with one cleared for development. It has given up 1800s iron tools and arrowheads and one IHP.....not much , I know but it was a cursory search. The adjoining property is the old Stage stop/horse exchange that had Adobe and outbuildings. Much has been had there...Chinese and African coins, box camera parts, no doubt stolen 37mm cannon shell (exploded here in a fire), many caliber bullets including a sharps 50?mm, sticks of lead and pewter, native grinding matate and mano-stones, arrow and spear tips, lamp parts, a lump of gold/silver coins unknown etc...
......also on the agenda is the area around a small rural bar and trading post, a poor area where a drink could be had for a Jackrabbit.
See Dog Patch, USA in the San Diego Reader.
More obscure permissions to follow.....

Thank you for today.
Mark.

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DATE-LINE , CAMP LOCKETT 15:30 HRS.
was a beautiful day with (naturally) perfect weather !
We met at Cafe'B and left for the field at 09:30 . We worked around the old camp church , funny enough , in a clockwise direction.
Not much was found, a few live rounds, some current coins, a few buckles, small RR spike a couple of, as yet, unreadable tokens etc.... a few of us continued south, in the bomb training range with mostly small arms shells/bullets and iron detritus found.
The folks that joined us today could easily have been life long friends and I hope to hunt with any of you again ! Thanks .

A reminder....I have some producing permissions ready to hunt ! The most time sensitive is one of the two contiguous parcels along side of a rear-round spring fed lake/pond. 2 parcels total 100 acres with one cleared for development. It has given up 1800s iron tools and arrowheads and one IHP.....not much , I know but it was a cursory search. The adjoining property is the old Stage stop/horse exchange that had Adobe and outbuildings. Much has been had there...Chinese and African coins, box camera parts, no doubt stolen 37mm cannon shell (exploded here in a fire), many caliber bullets including a sharps 50?mm, sticks of lead and pewter, native grinding matate and mano-stones, arrow and spear tips, lamp parts, a lump of gold/silver coins unknown etc...
......also on the agenda is the area around a small rural bar and trading post, a poor area where a drink could be had for a Jackrabbit.
See Dog Patch, USA in the San Diego Reader.
More obscure permissions to follow.....

Thank you for today.
Mark.

Thank you so much for everything today!!

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mark, had a good time at Lockett, a nice day outdoors and great company. Please keep me in mind for any further hunts.
Wendell

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This outing was a blast!!! Thank you for the invite and I look forward to future hunts with you and this gang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingman115

Dec 5, 2017
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4x4x4 Are you still looking for folks to explore with? I'm in Chula Vista and me and the nephew get weekdays off. Let me know if your interested in going out to East County.

capstonetech

Nov 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I missed this. Would have been awesome! Next time! Located in Escondido

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions