....and a good time was had by all....

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
sorry to take so much time before this post, had to get a little nap in after getting home......thanks ridge- runner, schloopy and I'm almost sorry that I missed all the fun, Friday night (after CTH activities that is). For all those folks that was not able to attend.........ya really missed one heck of a good time!!!! Let me say that I would not want to take anything away from last year and JD, as his hunt was great and the start of some great friendships for me......but ya all know that if you keep at something your gonna get better at it and that is what Burdie, Stoney56, metal-granny and all their family did. The took something great and improved on it. I comend you all on a job well done. This is memories that I will have until next year....when we can meet again. Speaking of again.....I again took a camera and only come back with a couple of pictures.....but thank goodness Nana took her wonderful A$$ (charlie) with her...you da Man, Charlie, if it wasn't for you....I would loose valuable detecting time....(just one more, nail...pleaseeeee...)....thank you. Anyway, it is late so I will post more tomorrow....Thank you all as I had a great time and I am so looking forward to when we can get together again..................I guess winning the 1897 GOLD 5$ piece wasn't so bad either. I can't say thank you enough to everybody.....Burdie, Stoney56, Metal-granny.........and all your family help. Happy Hunting all...........gregd573

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Greg,

My pleasure to have met you. I had a wonderful time with you and the crew this weekend. You're right, it's a shame not all could attend. Though, it's events like CTH that let us know where our next hunting partners are coming from. You are not that far from me so that's incentive to get together and hunt in my book.

Take care buddy and congrats on that Gold.....I shoulda took it off your hands!!!!

RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see you made it home, Greg! Was great to see you again. Congrats on that beautiful gold coin!!! AND thanks for the BBQ sauce!!! Seeeeeee ya next year!!! ;)

Nana :)

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Congrats on the Gold coin and many other prizes,(the guy cleaned up at the raffle)
Def. great to met you Greg, you had alot of nice things to say to everyone, it was my pleasure.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have no idea how nice it was to meet you again. Congrats on the finds and prizes. Good to see your home and safe.
Burdie

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great time. I haven't been detecting long and there aren't any detectorists around here, so it was a real treat to be there. I learned so much. I would encourage any newbies to attend a group hunt. The skill level of some of the folks there was amazing. I find a couple of bits of wire in the time some folks filled their pouch!! I spent a lot of the time talking, listening and watching. I learned techniques, saw many different brands of detectors, and even was allowed to use a few. I can't thank you all enough for being so friendly and helpful. Even my A$$ had a great time ( I knew she would).

Thank you all for a GREAT time

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg it was great seeing you again! they way you jumped out of that chair when you won the gold coin was priceless!! Burdieand Stoney really did an awsome job putting it together what a fun time!! I loved it I cant wait until the next one already! jd

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg, The gold coin couldn't have gone to a better person. It was great to meet you and I hope some day to be able to see you again at another hunt.
Jim

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Greg, glad you made this one. Hope your mom keeps warm this winter, I know the Pendelton will help. Next time though, sit to the back of the room. That way you'll get at least a little exercise getting to the front. :D

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Gregg,

Your allright, I don't care what Stoney says....just kidding :D
I enjoyed getting to visit with you. Congrats on that gold coin. Hope to see you again.

TW

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
It was great to meet you. The road trip and rescuing RR from the Indian Maiden was fun ;) Hopefully we can get together again to swing and dig in the dirt.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Greg,

If you had gone out with Eric in Kansas, Ridge Runner, Mastereagle, Schloopy and I, we would have gotten you in trouble and you would have had to bail yourself out of jail using that gold coin! Good thing you got home with it. ;D

Enjoyed meeting you and looking forward to the next one.

Baldingboy

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Hey

You said you were going to give that coin to me before you left. I look up and you were nowhere to be seen. I see how you are !!!! ;D ;D :D :D :)

Great coin for a great guy. I enjoyed hunting with you and hope to see you at the next hunt.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
Hey

You said you were going to give that coin to me before you left. I look up and you were nowhere to be seen. I see how you are !!!! ;D ;D :D :D :)

Great coin for a great guy. I enjoyed hunting with you and hope to see you at the next hunt.

Give!!! Hey Greg the price is going down to $300 now. :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg you are the luckiest thing let me tell ya, Gee wizz, hope your mom likes the blanket for Christmas. And I cant get Hunter to tell me how much you paid him to get your ticket out of the bucket!!!!! ;D ;D :D :D

Had a great time visiting with you hope we can see you again sooner than the next big hunt.

Oh, by the way I heard Burdies offer is goig down by the minute, next thing you know he will only offer left over raffle tickets !!!!

Evy

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You know what I remember about Greg? I think it was the 5th or 6th or 7th time his raffle ticket number came up (out of 8 or 9 being called):

The number was called.

Nobody answered.

The hall was silent.

Then I hear this little small voice from the next table:

... ... "damn."

Even HE knew something was suspicious! :D ;D :D ;D

Congratulations, Greg! Your face was something to behold when Burdie offered you $350 for the coin you had just begun to hold in your hand.

And with all the other stuff you won, Christmas is taken care of!!

Noodle ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg,

It was a pleasure getting to see you again. I still see you jumping out of your chair when they called your # on the gold coin. Congrats on the coin and all the other prizes you won. Put me on your Christmas list. ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
gregd573

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Greg just wanted you to know it is down to $275 now. Are you geting weak?
Burdie
I was thinking a priceless gold coin such as this one should be going up in price, with the gold market as it is an all..........I guess I could let it go for $475.........lol. Really, there is a lot of memories wrapped up in that $5 gold piece...I really need to fix up a nice little frame with some other Cauldwell goodies..thank you Stan.

It was a pleasure getting to see you again. I still see you jumping out of your chair when they called your # on the gold coin. Congrats on the coin and all the other prizes you won. Put me on your Christmas list.

RR

It was good seeing you again also RiverR and consider yourself on my list....opps, you said "Christmas List"...HH, lady.....gregd573

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread