Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally arrived home yesterday about 5:15, I was just too pooped out to try & load pics, resize em and post. Most of my pics are the same as everyone else, so I'm just gonna post some of what we saw on the diversion route through the Ouachita National Forest in Eastern OK. Then, I am just gonna reply to each post...as I find time. I had the grandest time, especially finding my first silver and what makes it extra special, I found it while hunting with all my friends. :-* Noodle, if you post that pic of me MDing in the yard in Broken Bow, OK...well, I just don't know what I'm gonna do with you!! ;D

;) RR

CTH2.jpg
The most photographed steer​
CTH3.jpg
The famous land mark​
CTH5.jpg
"Purple People Eater"..they were towing a camper (hopefully Noodle posts that pic)​
CTH6.jpg
Robber's Cave Area in Ouachita National Forest​
CTH7.jpg
History of RCNT​
CTH8.jpg
Mountain scene​
CTH9.jpg
More Mountains​
CTH10.jpg
And More​
CTH11.jpg
Dan Fiddling​
CTH12.jpg
More Mountains​
CTH13.jpg
Broken Bow Lake​
CTH14.jpg
Island in Broken Bow Lake​

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More....

CTH15.jpg
Trout Fishing​
CTH16.jpg
More Trout Fishing​
CTH17.jpg
Cool & Refreshing​
CTH18.jpg
Soothing & Relaxing​
CTH20.jpg
The Louisiana Rowdy Bunch​
cows2 (2).jpg
My Girls Welcomed Me Home​

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Thanks for sharing your pics. That was some beautiful scenery. I really enjoyed meeting you, Dan and Noodle. Mastereagle and I had a super time and look forward to hunting with you all again. I was really tickled to be hunting next to you when you found your silver coin. Congrats!

Baldingboy

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Great pics River Rat,

We are very glad that we got to meet you, and congrats on finding the SLQ ;D

TW

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR, it was really nice to finally meet you this past weekend and I'm glad everyone is back safe. With all that beautiful scenery and those cool places to hunt on the way home, you made pretty good time on the road.

Take care,
watercolor

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Those are some really nice pics. You should have hollered at Fossis while you were in his neck of the woods.
We're glad you all could make it and made it home safe and sound. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad you were able to be at the hunt RiverRat. Thanks for the help you are a trooper. I had so much fun watching you and the others have fun down town and at the hunt. You still owe me money for bail though. ;D ;D ;D Great pic's going back. Hope we can hunt together next year. Take care
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! I just got back from walking along the creek south east of town. I stoped to look at my surroundings when I heard leaves crackling. Looked down and seen a copperhead crossing my path about three feet away. That sweet RiverRat saved the day for me! I had her walking stick she gave me this weekend. I quickly flipped that snake in the creek bed which is dry without a thought. Then I realized hey I could not do that again if I tried. I will never leave my walking stick at home when I go to the woods thats for sure. Thank you RR
Burdie

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RR,Thank you so much for the walking stick espically making it my size.
And the kids coins!

Looks like a beautiful drive home from the photos hope to see more real soon!
And again I miss you already!
And like I told Nana I wish we all lived closer so we could hunt togeather more often!

Just me,

Evy

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Cool pics River, and great to met a fun chick like you. For a first silver you did it big.
Post that coin and the whatsit coin as soon as you can, I am still wondering about it and cant find it in my books

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good pics, Rat! Thanks for sharing!

My a$$ Dan won a stick that Rat made, and after thinking about it all the way home, asked Rat if he could cut it off and make a fiddle bow with part of it. They put their heads together and discussed it, and in the end Rat gave her permission and Dan had his dream stick/bow ready to start putting together with the horse tail hair he stole from his sister's horse last year in Washington state. Life is never dull around here.

Thanks, Rat! -Noodle

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Those are some really nice pics. You should have hollered at Fossis while you were in his neck of the woods.

Stoney, Me and Noodle talked about Fossis...but she was unsure of who he was. I knew he was close to the Ouachita, wish I knew where at, we probably could had visited with him

Burdie said:
WOW!! I just got back from walking along the creek south east of town. I stoped to look at my surroundings when I heard leaves crackling. Looked down and seen a copperhead crossing my path about three feet away. That sweet RiverRat saved the day for me! I had her walking stick she gave me this weekend. I quickly flipped that snake in the creek bed which is dry without a thought. Then I realized hey I could not do that again if I tried. I will never leave my walking stick at home when I go to the woods thats for sure. Thank you RR
Burdie

Oh yea, great protection from snakes and stray dogs. Glad you had it with you, Burdie.

Last Weds at this time I was all packed up & ready to roll on to KS. ;D Can't wait for the excitement of next year's hunt.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread