the leg bones connected to the STOP!!! BUTTON-- geez I hate finding bones
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3577 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

the leg bones connected to the STOP!!! BUTTON-- geez I hate finding bones

had to stop rebury halt -- clearly it was very very old saw cut chunk of femur type leg bone (nice neat saw cut end)--the area was used during the CW era , and might have been a bit of a DR' S leg "trimming" work -- HALT STOP REBURY say 1000 hail marys and 1500 our fathers and say so sorry . geez I hate finding bones. ---(I'm going to just keep chanting --"it was a ham bone --it was a ham bone") till I believe it --- Ivan

us
    Oct 2006
    2830 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: the leg bones connected to the STOP!!! BUTTON-- geez I hate finding bones

anything but that

gb
    May 2008
    uk
    tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
    56 times
    Banner Finds (4)

surely bones that had been cut in the heat of battle wouldn't be so cleanly cut

just trying to make you feel better

failing that go to confession and be blessed!
    Who needs Cartwheel Pennies anyway?

us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    22 times
    Banner Finds (2)

yeah its probably a deer leg bone that was taken off.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    1646 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Couldn't someone get some DNA off of it to determine it was a human leg bone.....I'm pretty quick uncovering thing's but that would be an even quicker re-bury.I'm alway's thinking about finding "thing's" around the field's at Antietam,read storie's about them burying them where they lay,no marker's either.You should at least contact somebody.....Joe

us
    Hunt, kneel, dig, pray

Oct 2007
    Dayton, Oh
    Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
    14 times

Poor Ivan. You just want to hunt and now you are on a burial detail. I would feel the same. Maybe contact local law enforcement and let them decide.

SKD

WeDigOhio- no bones about it

pr
    Lord Damian

Jun 2008
    Bayamon P.R.
    DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
    14 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

No sweat pal! I am just as close to something similar to your insident.I detected at Isla Verde beach a cloudy day with my coinmaster 5000d s2, a paper aluminum wrapped wood box containing a ragged pinned up vodoo doll with a note under it.Don't ask me what it said inside I didn't had the guts to tamper with the contents.I just did what the lady renting the beach chairs told me place your hand over it and pray with faith the our fathers prayer.I did that and slammed with all my might that darn thing in the waste basket I felt much better after that, what a yuckey feeling of death came upon me on opening that stupid thing.

Thanks for playing. You lose.

Aug 2006
    smAlbany, NY
    DFX
    60 times

Quote Originally Posted by shaun7
    surely bones that had been cut in the heat of battle wouldn't be so cleanly cut

just trying to make you feel better

failing that go to confession and be blessed!
    I say definately ham or cow. If it were something that was cut while the animal was living there would be extra marks on that sucker from the amputee kicking around. They would probably look something like hesitation marks or maybe like when you miss the mark on the piece of lumber you are sawing...just a thought.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

us
    HOLD FAST

Feb 2007
    Over the River and thru the Woods...
    Team Tesoro
    13 times

Hope it wasn't one of "dem bones"...

You did the right thing Ivan - probably would have freaked me out a bit as well...
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere"

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    53 times

i guess it could be an amputated limb from a field hospital during the civil war. if it makes you feel any better, the guy very well could have survived his wounds and lived to a ripe old age.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    3577 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I take no chances if the least bit of doubt -- rebury right away --I hunt deer and wild hogs -- didn't seem right shape for them the cut was very clean however -- I keep saying ham bone -- ham bone- ham bone

Feb 2008
    Ohio
    Whites DFX
    125 times
    Banner Finds (1)

ham bone ham bone hammmmm bone...isn't there a song there?

GL
    us
    Mar 2008
    South Central, NC
    34 times

Why are there never pictures!?
    I want to see it, ghoul that I am.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    3577 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

like I said instant reburial* fast as my hands could go -- no photos no bring it home and returning it later stuff--just get it back in the ground as fast as possible --say I'm sorry and change spots right away . I never knowingly mess wit da dead --going to be one of em some day --and god help any that disturb my rest thinking its funny

GL
    us
    Mar 2008
    South Central, NC
    34 times

Good point.
    Mkaes you wonder.
    If it was sawn it may have been the lower half. No body, just a damaged leg removed after a battle perhaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links