Todays finds Silver, gold, clad, a whats it and introducing our newest digger

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Well it was a mix bag day here in eastern nc, under the cloudy skies we headed out for a day of detecting. we both made some good finds. Bobbie found 1942 Washington Quater in the sand at the next to last school we were at today and found a gold over silver earring at 3rd spot. She also found a whats it at the same spot as the quarter, but it came from out in the grass area. It looks like a lion head it had a couple of wires? that broke off when she was washing it off. We have posted a picture of the back alsoI found a 10k wedding band with 3 small diamonds in it at our first spot and then found the 10k winnie the pooh pendant a couple of spots later. Interesting thing about the pendant was that it was the only thing either of us found at the spot. Almost $13.00 in clad also with the lions share going to Bobbie as usual
Now introducing our newest digger, it is our 2 year old Jack Russell Terrier his name is Peanut, And we started taking him with us on our longer detecting days so he isnt locked up all day. he loves it and we dont have to worry about rushing home to let him out. There will be more pictures of Peanut in the future. This first picture of him was last Saturday morning before we headed out. The last picture is of the 14k bracelet that I found last Saturday

Attachments

• SANY0756.jpg
    SANY0756.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 467
  • SANY0758.jpg
    SANY0758.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 468
  • SANY0760.jpg
    SANY0760.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 474
  • SANY0761.jpg
    SANY0761.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 466
  • SANY0762.jpg
    SANY0762.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 449
  • SANY0749.jpg
    SANY0749.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 456
  • SANY0751.jpg
    SANY0751.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those dogs they are very smart

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! I am a big dog guy, but the only exception to that is the Jack Russell Terrier!!! The are the only small dog I like, they can be a handfull but its worth the aggravation - LOL. I love them when they are mean little S.O.B.'s!!! ;D

Its like they were a big badass dog born into a tiny dog body!!! LOL

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great dig's Guy's......I'd love to see the stockpile you all have :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lion thingy - It seems to be copying the style of the old military buckles (circa 1812, infact some time before & some time after, it was a popular design).

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
aa battery said:
love those dogs they are very smart
thanks AA he is very smart, how we got him is a story in itself, last fall we were getting the car serviced at the dealership when he came running across the car lot and "marked his turf" on the brand new posts. The GM said somebody had thrown him out there. I clapped my hands , he jumped up in my arms and been with us ever since
TreasureFiend said:
Great finds!!! I am a big dog guy, but the only exception to that is the Jack Russell Terrier!!! The are the only small dog I like, they can be a handfull but its worth the aggravation - LOL. I love them when they are mean little S.O.B.'s!!! ;D

Its like they were a big badass dog born into a tiny dog body!!! LOL
Treasurefiend, we have 4 large dogs also and he doesnt back down from any of them, he pretty much rules the house
gallienus267 said:
I love finding diamonds. You guys always amaze me Paul
Thanks Paul it looks like the weather is still nice for you up there still, hope you can get some more this season
Bob S said:
WTG

Very Nice
thanks Bob

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent finds dave an bobbie ! you two always do good congrats :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Peanut is adorable... so how is he at digging holes for ya? and I love the gold ID bracelet with the diamond, any name or initials on it.. you guys sure have great luck I tell ya. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
weasel606 said:
excellent finds dave an bobbie ! you two always do good congrats :thumbsup:
thanks weasel
Bootybay said:
Oh Peanut is adorable... so how is he at digging holes for ya? and I love the gold ID bracelet with the diamond, any name or initials on it.. you guys sure have great luck I tell ya. :thumbsup:
thanks Booty, he is definitely a character, he seems to like digging in mulch the best, we keep him on a turn out chain, because he is a true Jack Russell, he doesnt dig in sand so much but he can move his turn out chain so much that it just can smooth out the sand real nice. No no initials or names on bracelet
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread