allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well this morning I got to the house that yesterday I was given permission to detect and right off the bat I started getting decent signals and in the first four plugs I found 2 wheaties dated 1947 and 1924 and and a nice looking silver 1956 washington quarter.
After this the finds slowed down considerably then found two clad dimes in about a foot section. But id only been there about 45 minutes so I wasnt ready to go.
A few sweeps of my ace later I got a good quarter signal at 6 inches. Pushed my shovel through the ground, scanned the plug and it was saying the quarter was in my plug. I broke my plug into two sections and there she was, a 1948 quarter. My second silver one of the day.
Then came my company, the two gals who gave me permission to detect along with one of the womens husbands who asked me what the F'ing hell are you doing on my property? I looked at the women and said they gave me permission to detect and he said they dont f'ing own the land, I do.
Needless to say, I left before ending up in the county jail for kicking his a$$ for been so rude and the womens a$$e$ also for lying to me.
Anyways I did leave with a few nice coins.
have a great day of detecting,
Allen

Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should've kicked some A$$. Next time, break your shovel over their heads. :tongue3:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I'm seeing a pattern with this permission thing... get in and dig the shnikeys out of the property before you get kicked out by someone else who lives there.

Great finds for such a short hunt! Congrats!!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
BuckleBoy said:
I think you should've kicked some A$$. Next time, break your shovel over their heads. :tongue3:

Hey BB.. you forgot to add .. "... In your mind.." to that statement. As much as we would all like to take out our frustrations on the "evil doers" such as that rude SOB that ran him off (or have accosted us or given us a hard time while we peacefully tried to go about our hobby) We have to remember that each one of us represents ALL OF US as a whole. We must all be courteous and polite even when the situation has our guts thinking more along the lines of doing physical harm to the person(s) confronting us. Yeah, It's aggravating and frustrating and down right pisses us off! But in the long run the best course of action is Innaction.. simply pack up and move along and try somewhere else another day. Beats putting us all in a bad light or worse still, having to call the spouse or a family member to come post bail to get us out of jail for letting the SOB's have what they deserve. <grin>
Ok Ok Ok.. so I'm too much of a Boy Scout sometimes.. that's just the way I am. But in my mind.. that SOB is wearing knots and dents on his head and perhaps missing a few teeth.. so he's having a hard time saying "Thit!" <laughing>
Better luck next time dude.. and next time you ask for and get permission to hunt a property, you might want to somehow or another ask if the person GIVING the permission is the property owner or has any say so at all in the matter. Written permission is good, but how many of us go that far for every property we try to get permission to hunt? Keep up your spirits.. all that silver should help some.. and maybe talk to that A'H's next door neighbors and see if they are more amenable to letting you detect their property.. <laughing> P'off the guy that was so rude if he sees you detecting NEXT DOOR and he can't do squat about it.

Happy Hunting!

Frodov

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow , sounds like one of my recent trips... Strange.. Oh well, you got a couple good finds and just knowing that idiots like that will get there just deserts later in life is worth it. Or you could have just taken your license plate off your car and did a burn out in his F****ng...yard and left the scene......LOL :tongue3: jgas

Redfoot

Jul 12, 2006
Nashville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Ace 250
Great finds and you did the right thing just leave. You never know you may have a chance to go back and hunt it again later after the guy cools down.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Allen, that totally sucks. >:( Sounded like a great spot too. :-\
Sounds like my episode a few weeks ago. Invited to MD by the good brother, than booted out by the grumpy brother.
Mine was a case of a "damn Yankee" MDing on Southern turf though. ;D
Sorry buddy.
-MM-

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
was he pointing and swearing? i hate that >:(

OP
OP
allen

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He was swearing alot, but never made the mistake of using the wrong choice of words towards me if you know what i mean.
That and he stayed about 5 foot away from me, so that was a good thing on his part.
Well anyways, i found a few nice coins and I stayed out of jail, so I guess I did okay.
thanks for looking,
Allen

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
That's a drag amigo. At least you got some silver ;D I like to go early in the morning to public and private digs. This cuts down on curious and or unwanted visitors. Anyway you did the right thing by walking away. Nothing good could come of a situation like that. Karma will come back to bite them in the A$$ :P

Acevillav

S

seger98

allen said:
He was swearing alot, but never made the mistake of using the wrong choice of words towards me if you know what i mean.
That and he stayed about 5 foot away from me, so that was a good thing on his part.
Well anyways, i found a few nice coins and I stayed out of jail, so I guess I did okay.
thanks for looking,
Allen

You were the better man for sure!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Frodov touched on getting permission to detect in writing. A one paragraph short form document where only the date, address and owner/tenant/lessee's name is required could eliminate or mitigate the hassle that might otherwise be experienced. Good advise, Frodov; and it takes only a minute to get that signature--or be refused.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov,

You are so wrong my friend. If the man would have approached him and P-O-L-I-T-E-L-Y said that the women had no right to give him permission, then YES. Politeness in return.

........but when someone is as rude as that jerk seemed to have been, then the best course of action (only if you can back it up physically) would have been to embarrass the jerk in front of the ladies by saying something to the effect of: "if this is YOUR property, then I'll go, but if you keep cursing me, then the only thing that will get to the hospital quicker than you will be the headlights of the ambulance you're riding in!" (I've actually used that, and not only does it embarrass the guy you say it to, but he'll remember it forever and use it himself). ;D ;D ;D

.......and if you REALLY wanted to get mean, you could always do the "Jerky Boys" bit: "Keep running your mouth there sizzlechest. You keep that sh** up, and I'll come over there and jerk your guts so far out of your a$$, you'll have to get a passport to take a sh**!!"

Like Herpes, it's the gift that keeps on giving!

BUT REMEMBER: DON'T LET YOUR MOUTH WRITE CHECKS YOUR A$$ CAN'T CASH!!!

Best-Mike

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I had the same thing happen to me about two weeks ago. A man gave me permission to hunt. I went the next day and started hunting. I dug three relics when a six year old girl came up to me and said her Mom told her to come out and tell me to quit hunting. I told her that the man of the house gave me permission to hunt and she said her Mom was the boss. I believe I could have beat the six year old in a fair fight but I was scared of the Mom. ;D
Dman

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
shaun7 said:

A good kick into his nuts would stop the pointing. :icon_pirat:

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

agreed! and if it saved one more person from being a victim of this animals pointing and swearing, it would have been worth it >:(

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
In my younger years I would have gone caveman on the boys ass with terrible, terrible results for him but we have so many sites lined up that my group would just spin the wheel and hit the next on the list :thumbsup:

cival war hunter 2 !

Dec 29, 2007
My tennis teacher got hit in the balls! ::)
He was on the ground for five munits. 8)
I wanted to laugh but Ive herd what he dose to people when you laugh at him. :binkybaby: :binkybaby:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
shaun7 said:

A good kick into his nuts would stop the pointing. :icon_pirat:

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread