Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gang,

Jeff and I and BedPanMoneyMan hit the new field again today. We are all pooped. Too much digging.

All today's loot
100_0677.jpg

Jeff found another 19 Q and 10 dimes today. His 3 day total on quarters is 25+19+12=56.

It was a beautiful fall day here in Ohio so I decided to roam far and wide and hit every big tree in the field. Nothing but a quarter or two and some pennies for quite a while. Then I got a hit that said a dollar +94 VDI but it was a chunck of copper pipe. Wow, I never get that kind of hit. I went on and found a total of 10 Q and 10 dimes today.

On my way back to the car I got another +94 VDI and was not going to dig it. Well I hadn't had a hit in a while and it was probably just more copper. If it was, Jeff and I could take it to the scrap yard so... It was 6 inches down--good sign. After I opened the ground the signal went away--argh! I scanned the hole two more times then it showed up again as a 50 cent piece +88 VDI. Oh well let's dig and find it.

I used my pin pointer and got a signal but the coin was not in the dirt in the hole; it was deeper. So, I used my bulb digging tool to get below it --oh wow! My first ever old 50 cent piece. I rocked back on my knees and shouted "Yes! and Thank You Lord" --my first ever 1912-D Barber Half dollar.

1912-D Barber half dollar:
100_0678.jpg

100_0679.jpg

Then I headed over to see what Bill (BedPan) was finding. He found silver earlier in the day so maybe I could find some in his area--he'll tell you about his finds in his post.

I went towards Bill and got a double hit at 2" reading +79 VDI--more pennies? Well why not dig, maybe it will be a silver dime instead. Just as I opened the hole I mentioned to God I had not found a ring in a while-amazing! I see bright silver on edge. Maybe another old coin. I picked it up and it was a man's silver wedding band--a thin one. It is large and fits my ring finder. Jeff says about a size 13.

Ring with 1964 silver dime I found two days before
100_0682.jpg

100_0683.jpg

I also found 2 wheaties today 1951D, 1930 by this tree--about two foot out. They could not have been deep as the tree roots were close to surface and small ones were dense.

100_0676.jpg

SKD-Out

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like a great day to me! That half is pretty special and all the rings are worth a happy dance for sure! Congrats!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
wow! Never found a Barber half either..... you guys are going at it.... man......... clad and old together.. makes a cold day way warmer :D Sure beats hunting all day for 1 or 2 hits........ congrats man!

RAndy

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what I call silver. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Still looking for my first silver half. :'( :D

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt :thumbsup: Congrats on the silver half and ring, sweet digs.
Glenn

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice Barber half.. Congrats :thumbsup: jgas

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BARBER-Q, YEA, THATS WHAT I`M TALKING ABOUT......................GREAT JOB
.......PACO.........

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL Barber half, Dayton!!! :o Sounds like a great day hunting!!!

Congrats on all those keepers! Nana :)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Picture in frame 4 is a dimeinring (diamond)........ ;D NGE (T)

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Picture in frame 4 is a dimeinring (diamond)........ ;D NGE (T)
Good one -Not...lol
SKD

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice half! I've dug only one in 15 years, and I had to fly back East to get it! WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread