That must have hurt.....ouch!

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
I have been back from Galveston/Houston Texas area (Hurricane Ike) for almost a week now, and today was a somewhat warmer day here in New England. I always wanted to walk an old road that I walked over the summer, but was too overgrown to detect much. To my surprise I uncovered this 1 real and immediately I knew I left Texas for a good reason (Actually I hope to be going back to Texas in the near future). There were no snakes, alligators, scorpions, water moccasins, or other nasty critters in the woods (Lol) . I saw lots of color on the trees, felt the cool crisp air, and even spotted a bunch of wild turkeys and several deer........ I noticed that evidentally someone decided that they were going to bite this coin. Needless to say it isn't gold, and it must have hurt when they left those (decayed) teeth marks in the coin.

Attachments

• DSC01741.jpg
    DSC01741.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 662
  • DSC01743.jpg
    DSC01743.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty interesting. Not only is it a great find to begin with but it has an even more personal touch because someone bit it. You'll spend the rest of your life wondering why. Great find. :thumbsup:

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
That's Awesome! What a find and very interesting. That's truly what one would
call "rare". Congratulations!

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
Very nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you want to see teeth marks on a 1Reale check mine out :icon_scratch:

G1

Attachments

• found coin in backyard 10-13-08.JPG
    found coin in backyard 10-13-08.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 629
  • found coin in backyard 10-13-08.JPG
    found coin in backyard 10-13-08.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 581

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Very nice coin, but I wouldn't be so quick to assume the coin was bitten. Those marks look fairly arbitrary, could have been anything, really. I would think that teeth would crack or break before being able to penetrate silver that far. But yeah, anyway, my subjective evaluation of the coin is probably worthless anyway, so...

Very nice coin though. Glad you got out and enjoyed the great weather!

Joe

OP
OP
Michellets

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
Golden1 said:
Very nice find :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you want to see teeth marks on a 1Reale check mine out :icon_scratch:

G1
Wow, Judging by the inter-digitation/gnastication of those teeth marks I'd have to guess a porcupine.....

kevo

Mar 2, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
My guess is that they weren't doing it for fun. Lets keep in mind they didn't have the anesthesia that we pride ourselves with. Could be possible that they needed something to bite down on b/c of a wound or a procedure in fixing it. just my 2 cents, either way it makes me cringe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread