such disappointment

M

mchamby

:-\ :-[ :'( thats about how I feel this afternoon. I decided to hunt a park in a nearby city (small city) since it rained yesterday and the ground wasn't as parched. Saturday they had a big arts and crafts fest at the park and I thought I would add a little clad to my jar. Shortly after I arrived this guy passes me with a rake in hand, I said hello and went about mding but keeping an eye on this guy cuss I'm noisy. ;) I can tell he is looking for something he keeps going over the same area raking up the? thatch. I keep on detecting and aim in his direction. About 30 later I get to the area he has ruined and asked what he's look'n for, he said a friend lost her 500.00 stud diamond earring at the show. She took it off to try on one she was going to buy, put hers back on and 5 mins later realized no earring. He told me they had another md'er look for it last night but it was so sunny today he thought maybe if he raked over it, it might sparkle. Well I have never had the chance to find something for someone so I said I would help, well, I couldn't find it. There just isn't enough metal in it or they are totally wrong with where she lost it. I'm sure tommorrow all the md'ers around will have heard it's missing and be looking for it. Woo is me.
On a happier side I did find
12 clad quarters..................30 pennies
5 nickels one a 1964............14 clad dimes
and two wheaties one a 1944 and one is really worn I think it's a 1939 when it rains again I will try and head back there as I only detected about 1/2 of the area.
Mchamby

Upvote 0

buudman

Mar 31, 2005
phila.pa
MCHAMBY GOOD TRY2 BAD YOU COULD NOT FIND IT.ME I GOT A CALL ABOUT 20CLOCK A FRIEND OF A FRIEND LOST HIS CLASS RING ASK IF I MIGHT BE ABLE 2 FIND IT SAID ILL TRY.WELL FOR THE LAST 3HOURS I TRYED .I STRUCK OUT 2 BUT WE TRYED.IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE 2 DIG THEM UP AN SAY HERE YA GO.

BUD

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

R

rvbvetter

Twice i've been asked to find some ones lost ring. One successful and one not.
The one not , she wasn't sure if that was where she lost it.
The one i did find, wasn't nearly as easy as i expected. Even though the area was only 30x30 ft.
I thought i would go over and get a signal and be in and out in 5 min.
But over an hour and still hadn't found it, i was beginning to feel under pressure and guilty for having told him it would only take a few minutes, and nearly guarrantied it.
Finally, as a last resort i turned the disc. way down and went to my knees for every signal less than 3 in. Eventually found it, after about 2 hours.

Last time i ever told some one it would be a piece of cake. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went looking for a relative's engagement ring a while back. Unless you can pretty well isolate the area it was lost you're just working with blind a-- luck! Nope, didn't find it either. JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread