Sterling Ring

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Man it was cold, raining and windy here in SE Ohio.... I has went out yesterday and tried a new setting on my trusty XLT........

I have hunted this old high school complex to death and the past few times I havent pulled anything to speak of; clad or otherwise. Yesterday was so nice.... I went there in the afternoon, and thought about a post I read that talked about turning on the Mixed Mode for the XLT and how this would increase depth. I had tried this before and went nuts with all the signals.... but I have hunted this place so much that there arent that many signals, trash or not. I figured... why not try something different.... well immediately I found 10 clads and a '61 silver Rosie, all where I had hunted and hunted. Today I braved the elements and tried the same spot..... well I pulled another 8 clads in a 30 minute hunt... then got a solid penny signal and dug down about 4" and saw this ring.... well it had another smaller ring lodged inside of it(which I now see to be a spacer not any precious metal marking in it)I got it home and got the inside spacer ring dis-lodged and turns out it is marked 925.... my XLT must have been hitting the spacer and not the sterling... the VDI was a solid 75.... then later on I pulled a holed medallion about the size of a quarter.... I scratched it slightly, but the stinking thing was an honest 10".. I didnt post a pic cause you cant read it... but it is from the CCC camp in this little town where the school is and has a number 2 on it...... once you get used the the broken tone of the Mixed Mode with Silent Search on, man the increased depth and additional finds are awesome!

P.S.. Sorry the post is so long and the pic so bad.....

Attachments

• ring925.jpg
    ring925.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0

wyat

Jan 3, 2008
Gibson City
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo supertraq,Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!! It's like huntin a new site! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that silver, Minton! 8) No picture of the medallion? :-\ Congrats on all those finds!

Nana :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions