spanish silver

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow what a day! got up early and went to a section of woods ive done before with good results. it was cold out there and i tected for about a hour with little results exept a nice canadian penny then i decided to leave and shut my tecta off and started walking out. as i was walking out i noticed a area that i was at before wich gave up indians so i said what the hell ill give it another shot.started tecting and i got a screwy signal at about 4 inches and decided to did it because of the depth. out came a old little lockso i thought cool ill stay a little longer. then i got a good sig at about six inchs v.d.i 83 quarter icon and i took about a inch of dirt off and got a 90 v.d.i quarter- half now i got excited so i dug and out came a spanish silver coin ive been praying for one of those. i almost shat myself. i knw its a reale but i dont know what size its worn were it tells ya and were do i look for a mint mark. its a little bigger than a qaurter im guessing its a 2 reale. what a way to pretty much end the season that made my day for sure wild willy

Attachments

• scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 856
  • scan0026.jpg
    scan0026.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 850
  • scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 839
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find indeed!!! :thumbsup: Congrats on the reale. :icon_king: You don't see those every day. :wink:
-MM-

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful hunt!!

I've had dreams about finding silver like that. . . but they never seem to come true :'(

Very nice!
watercolor

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6
Awesome find DFX congrats :thumbsup:

It's always a RUSH when you find that old spanish silver!!!!!!!

G1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread