spanish silver

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow what a day! got up early and went to a section of woods ive done before with good results. it was cold out there and i tected for about a hour with little results exept a nice canadian penny then i decided to leave and shut my tecta off and started walking out. as i was walking out i noticed a area that i was at before wich gave up indians so i said what the hell ill give it another shot.started tecting and i got a screwy signal at about 4 inches and decided to did it because of the depth. out came a old little lockso i thought cool ill stay a little longer. then i got a good sig at about six inchs v.d.i 83 quarter icon and i took about a inch of dirt off and got a 90 v.d.i quarter- half now i got excited so i dug and out came a spanish silver coin ive been praying for one of those. i almost shat myself. i knw its a reale but i dont know what size its worn were it tells ya and were do i look for a mint mark. its a little bigger than a qaurter im guessing its a 2 reale. what a way to pretty much end the season that made my day for sure wild willy

Attachments

• scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 856
  • scan0026.jpg
    scan0026.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 850
  • scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 839
Upvote 0

shadows

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Nice find! It amazes me on how many great finds are at the beginning and the end of a hunt. :thumbsup:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, congrats!!! :icon_pirat:

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done !!!!. You braved the cold weather and you were rewarded very nicely for it !!!!

Very nice coins... love the Spanish silver !!!!

Brian in MA

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find DFX. These are the coins we're all out there after! Congrats.... Hogge :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

That's a great find right there :thumbsup: Congrats on the old silver dfx willy, that coin is sweet :thumbsup:
Glenn

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Willy, Congrats!
You sound like me,,, I'll just dig one more signal then I'll head on home... Well,,, maybe I'll dig just one more signal then head on home... Wel.......... .. ;D
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
What an awesome season ending coin find!! :o :o

Congrats on your Reale!! I bet you're still holding it in your hand and looking at it. I would.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread