Where I will find my TODAYs FINDS at.... it was a bust :(

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Where I will find my TODAY's FINDS at.... it was a bust :(

Just right outside my door at our community park, the city is making a road so they can drive their big trucks up on the park grounds. They will be there for a year!!! Of course, we, the community WERE NOT told of it....not that we could stop it. They will be replacing and fixing sewer pipes....

Anyways, went and talked to the guys over there and the BOSS said they go to lunch about noon and I can go over and detect that area. This area was once farm land, prior to 1965, when these houses were built. Now, where the park is at, when the homes were built, was a water sewer plant. Hubby remembers it when he was a kid, as he grew up in this neighborhood.

I am amazed though, watching them dig up the dirt....about a foot or so down was nothing but CLAY!! UGH...a pain to dig through!

I even asked them what they planned to do with the dirt...and he said they have to find a place to dump it...tried to get him to dump it in my yard (we could use it with all the VOLE DAMAGE in both front and back yards...but really could use it for building up our bank on the creek)....anyways, he said I NEED A PERMIT to allow him to dump it in my yard. I said, "If I agree, you can just do it." And he said, "Nope, the city won't allow it. You have to apply for a permit." (In other words, the city wants money from me for a permit to allow the guys who are only 2 houses away from me to dump the dirt in my yard!) Oh well, Heaven only knows what may have been in that dirt!

But they are digging down about 1-2 feet for their road...so maybe I can get lucky and find some OLD STUFF! All of the area you see in the photo was a farm (BELL FAMILY) and my house sits about where the barn was. The house next to where they are building the road, the original well from the farm sits on her property. I have yet to ask to detect over there, she's eldery and not keen on meeting strangers....anyways....

I let you know one way or another...time to get ready....it's noon, they should be going to lunch any minute now! LOL
Annmarie

Attachments

• IMG_1817a.jpg
    IMG_1817a.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_1818a.jpg
    IMG_1818a.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 682
Upvote 0

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
Re: Where I will find my TODAY's FINDS at....

VERY COOL 8) , Hope you find a lot of cool things to show us..... :thumbsup:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Where I will find my TODAY's FINDS at....

Good luck, hopefully everything works out well.

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Where I will find my TODAY's FINDS at....(It was a bust :( ...)

So much for them taking lunch and letting me detect. I went back out at noon, some went to lunch while others were still working (shift lunches). And where I saw all that clay....all filled in with NEW DIRT! Saw them putting a tarp over the ground after they filled it with dirt, then put more dirt over the black tarps!

That's ok...when they go home tonight...I hope those piles of dirt are still there...doubt it....but hoping anyways!

Went to the other side of the park, detected around the playground ... NOTHING! Found a plastic mechanical pencil (no metal ..it was on top of the ground) and a squished soda can I threw away. Outside the play area, near the entrance, I found a 2002 and a 2001 Memorial, 1984 dime, piece of brown glass (prob broken beer bottle), a cap for something (not sure if beer or furniture polish), and a nut and screw still in the rock/cement (prob from when the sewage plant was there.) Oh well, I was hoping, but again, the CITY let me down! Nothing new!

I'll try to get hubby over there to detect, if not too dark when he gets home. Looks like it wants to rain, so I guess maybe that is why they are hurrying!!! Who Knows!

One of the guys there said they did some work over in Norfolk?...anyways, he found a 1936 quarter and his buddy found a 1893 coin. He told me where it was...something about Washington Street. I believe he said CONDOs were going up in that section...nothing new around here! The company is A&W Construction....I can remember that, reminds me of Root Beer! LOL

The guy who found the quarter wants to get a detector and go back to that site...told him to let me know when he wants to go, I have a spare he can use, what he finds, he keeps. Hubby and I would join him....hope it works out!

Anyways, thanks for looking....there is still hope we can find something COOL! LOL
Annmarie

Attachments

• IMG_1819a.jpg
    IMG_1819a.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_1820a.jpg
    IMG_1820a.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_1822a.jpg
    IMG_1822a.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_1824a.jpg
    IMG_1824a.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_1826a.jpg
    IMG_1826a.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 578

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Where I will find my TODAY's FINDS at.... it was a bust :(

well poopy!! :( Hopefully you can get in there tonight and find at least SOME of the stuff! what they didn't haul away, that is!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice try Ann! Detecting should not be a problem after the workers go home, LOL. You might ask about the permit to dump into your yard, could really be a lot cheaper than buying fill dirt. HH and good luck finding some goodies at the construction site, Mike

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice try Ann! Detecting should not be a problem after the workers go home, LOL. You might ask about the permit to dump into your yard, could really be a lot cheaper than buying fill dirt. HH and good luck finding some goodies at the construction site, Mike

I am going to inquire about that permit though for dirt from sites the city has labeled for construction. I don't know if I need to get a permit for each time or if it's a one time deal....but it would be nice to get some dirt from a very old site! And it would help alot with what these VOLES have done to our yard and help rebuild the back yard....

If we are lucky enough to find anything...I'll post...it's pretty quiet out there....I wonder if they left? I'll have to go check.... :)

Cynangyl said:
well poopy!! :( Hopefully you can get in there tonight and find at least SOME of the stuff! what they didn't haul away, that is!

Yeah, it was a bummer, but that's ok...I'm gonna' try again later! I just hope they left those piles of dirt!!! ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ann,
Sorry it didn't work out as planned. :-[ Maybe they don't work on Fridays? :wink:
Good luck,
MM

Attachments

• Treehouse.jpg
    Treehouse.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 445
OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

ModernMiner said:
Ann,
Sorry it didn't work out as planned. :-[ Maybe they don't work on Fridays? :wink:
Good luck,
MM

LOL...when I saw where the arrow landed, I just knew someone would make a comment to me living in a tree! ;D

Of course I do...can't you see my tree house? :wink:

Would you believe they are still out there? Oh well, I'll see if Hubby wants to get flashlights and go over tonight! :thumbsup: (if he ever gets home from work >:( )

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ron and Ann said:
ModernMiner said:
Ann,
Good luck,
MM

LOL...when I saw where the arrow landed, I just knew someone would make a comment to me living in a tree! ;D

Would you believe they are still out there? Oh well, I'll see if Hubby wants to get flashlights and go over tonight! :thumbsup: (if he ever gets home from work >:( )

Bring an arrowhead and a bone with you over there tomorrow and tell them they have to stop digging for now because you think they may have uncovered an Indian burial ground. ;D :wink:
Just a thought. :tongue3:
-MM-

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

ModernMiner said:
Ron and Ann said:
ModernMiner said:
Ann,
Good luck,
MM

Bring an arrowhead and a bone with you over there tomorrow and tell them they have to stop digging for now because you think they may have uncovered an Indian burial ground. ;D :wink:
-MM-

OMG...where you there today? That is so wierd you said that....when I was digging a hole, I found a piece of rock that I swore was part of an arrowhead...it wasn't, but I thought it! LOL

One area I got a large area signal and was thinking: "Hmmmm, wouldn't it be scary it that was a marker for a burial site?" So strange I was thinking Indian relics and you come up with this idea! You are scaring me! :icon_pale: :laughing7:

But that's a great idea! ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ron and Ann said:
ModernMiner said:
Ron and Ann said:
ModernMiner said:
Ann,
Good luck,
MM

-MM-

OMG...where you there today? That is so wierd you said that....when I was digging a hole, I found a piece of rock that I swore was part of an arrowhead...it wasn't, but I thought it! LOL

One area I got a large area signal and was thinking: "Hmmmm, wouldn't it be scary it that was a marker for a burial site?" So strange I was thinking Indian relics and you come up with this idea! You are scaring me! :icon_pale: :laughing7:

But that's a great idea! ;D

It must be that Indian blood in me? My great-grandfather was Chief Bear Chest from the rarely heard of Squatalot tribe. :tongue3:
O.K. I made that up. ::) I was actually up in the other tree watching what you dug up. :tard:
All kidding aside, they are clearing for a new road by where I work, and we've found numerous arrowheads there some months ago. :thumbsup:
-MM-

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, that is a beer cap. I dig alot of those. :cussing:
indexCAQ7QLZ3.jpg

That sucks. Something like that happened to me a few years back. I had been hunting the local recreation center for a few weeks. They were getting ready to completely redo it. The week before they started, I got onto a spot where I found 2 gold rings in the same hole. I was also starting to find good amounts of coins. I was looking forward to getting back there. The next time I went back there, they had already started scraping the topsoil into piles. Oh goodie ! I talked to the foreman and he said he couldn't give me permission but if I was to start hunting after he and his crew left.... :wink: :wink: So, I waited til they left, the foreman was the last to leave. Or so I thought, I saw him drive over to the rec directors office. I had just started swinging and out comes the rec director. I was hoping he was just curious as to what I had found. Nope, he was here to give me the boot. I tried pleading my case. Oh, what could've been....

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

well poopy is right :tard:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac

I may drop by and pay you and them a visit sometime this week. Should I just drop by or call first?

Pangus

Jul 2, 2005
Georgia

"Olde E" is the beer alcoholics buy at the gas station at 8am for their lunch breaks....oh, and bums...bums like it too....its like a "cheap" Colt 45......figure it's the beer equivalent to Mad Dog 20/20....

sorry if I offended any connoisseurs of the "E"...

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

PRAY FOR RAIN THAT WILL SLOW THEM DOWN. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread