PREPARE TO NOT BELIEVE!!!! I CANNOT!!!!

DannyBrooks

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites MX6
Holy Freaking COW!!!!!!!! When I am not writing and illustrating books or making records I dabble in real estate and in this market it is the perfect time to invest. So.....this morning I arrive at my latest conquest to give a once over as the tennant moved out on Sunday. I expected to see it in disarray...and it is, but anyway, as I looked throughout the house and took 'before' photos I rummaged through some old boxes of old news papers about NIXON and ELVIS etc. ....which I can post if you like. Well let me just preface that the house was previously owned by a lawyer and pilot....and quite a pack rat as well....so, anyway, as I was looking into a crawl space above the garage to check insulation and drywall, I saw a knife/dagger item and picked up...I assumed it was a toy, but it was very heavy....then I thought ....'Letter opener?'.....then I saw something that blew my mind....a SWASTIKA on it....The moment I got back to my house I began researching the item to see if it was a replica, but soon discovered that it WAS REAL and the handle color made it even more rare...it is what is known as a German "Nazi" Luftwaffe (Air Force) Officer's Dagger 2nd Model.......behold.

Attachments

• Dagger 1.jpg
    Dagger 1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 4,511
  • Dagger 2.jpg
    Dagger 2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 4,494
  • Dagger 3.jpg
    Dagger 3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4,431
  • Dagger 4.jpg
    Dagger 4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 4,388
  • Dagger 5.jpg
    Dagger 5.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,275
  • Dagger 6.jpg
    Dagger 6.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 4,237
  • scan00094-219x365.jpg
    scan00094-219x365.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 4,151
Upvote 0
P

pippinwhitepaws

fantastic find. :thumbsup:

there might be a number on the backside of that blade. that will tell who made it when.

P

pippinwhitepaws

first thing to look for on nazi items is detail...
if the detail looks crisp, clean...no slag, no imperfections, it is probable original...

also, the content of the metals used by the nazi turn that exact color if the object has not been handled.

look at the cross guard...notice how the 'pebbling' is crisp and clear? no slag, no run overs...
same with the hooked cross...clean edges...
pommel also shows a quality cast...

weight is a good indicator also, but can't get a feel over the net...

OP
OP
DannyBrooks

DannyBrooks

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites MX6
(pippinwhitepaws)....Man I wish you could hold this thing....it feels perfect. Everything you mention is there, there is crossgraining all of the way to the tip, there is splotching on the blade and the crossgaurd fits perfectly and appears to be nickel...I can barely make out a maker's mark which appears to be a tiger or puma, I think it may be TIGER SOLINGEN.....MAN!!!!!!!!!....this thing is beautiful.

P

pippinwhitepaws

danny...

what ever you do, DO NOT CLEAN IT!!!!!

original patina is critical to a collector, more so than the broken handle...
they didn't come looking like that, old man time has been working on it...

i can not find the site now...cleaned my favorites...but puma did make blades for the nazi...

good find sir...

BrianPa

Greenie
Jun 18, 2004
Central Pa.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one like yours but in better shape and with the tassles.handle was a little loose but not bad.
A collector friend told me 250.00 I sold it on Ebay with another german dagger and got 600.00 for both.
Keep it and enjoy it

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a Nazi Youth Dagger from 1936 on ebay for 100.00 5 years ago. The Officers dagger you have will command a VERY high price. Investigate it further and look up the numbers on the dagger. It will tell you what type and when it was made. ALSO the provinance of who it belonged to adds to the price,usually by 1/3 to 1/2 again the price. DO NOT CLEAN IT!!!!!!! :thumbsup: AWESOME FIND!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread