finds before the teardown

clad

Greenie
Jun 12, 2007
cross lanes wv
Detector(s) used
whites mxt and bounty hunter 202
i did some detective work and found the owner of a local plot of land that had 5 houses on it i noticed they were preparing the houses for removal and demolition to build a new Walgreens.he said as long as i didnt go in the houses go for it! i detected for a couple hours.all coins are clad and i believe the foreign coin is chinese it has no date on it-it could be a token.the combat badge has 2 clasps on the back along with the word sterling.i would like to know what time frame it was earned.they were awarded from wwII to the war in iraq i believe.once the houses are gone i am going to hit it again.HH

Attachments

• 009 (2).jpg
    009 (2).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 419
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Nice finds, I thought most Chinese coins had like a square hole in the middle?

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the combat infantry badge silver? That's a pretty cool find.
Will you be able to go back there?

Born Free

kansas coin hunter

Feb 24, 2008
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites q2 6000 di series 3 6000di pro and whites bulleye pin pointer
i got one two of those combat inf. badges one with ou the wreath and one with the wrearth rember our fallin bros and sisters and our mias and god bless the the ones who are fighting for our country kansas coin hunter 72- 73 nam ist id and 9th id rto opeter :thumbsup:

OP
OP
clad

clad

Greenie
Jun 12, 2007
cross lanes wv
Detector(s) used
whites mxt and bounty hunter 202
thanks for your service Kansas Coin Hunter.I just got a medical retirement 4 months ago after 29+ years.i was able to serve in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom.once the houses are gone and dirt is dozed around i am going to detect the area again.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the C.I.B.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, I really like the infantry badge. Great hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread