Any info on this key... What was it used for?

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
Looks like an old grandfauther clock key or desk key. kool find keep on there has to be more goods where you found that. HH

OP
OP
P

phillipofnc

Dec 20, 2003
Thanks. I have found a lot of coins in the same area. A Park...... So a lot of ppl come through. One particular area though keeps yeildng dimes. At about 6 inches. It is about 50 ft. area. Keep finding those dimes dating back into the 70's. I just wonder and that the mystery of it, why someone had all those dimes in one area? May never know!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Yeah, it looks like a clock key to me. Found one similar to that in my parents yard.

T

TimeDog

Yes I would say a desk or perhaps I am sure that key is open in the end (kind of open for a post) so could also be for some types of handcuffs (smile). however it's fun and you found it, so it's something special from your detecting 8)

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
I have a spot very similar to what your describing lots of clad coins, found out that the church holds lots of youth group activities in that area. You may be hunting a park that a small local fair may have been held there and there were game booths in that area, dimes would be the price back in the 70's. It cost 1.00 now to play a game at a fair. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread