Black Diamond Mine/Ghost town

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
Okay, just wanted to share what we are planning for the day. I am in Cochise County, near Tombstone, AZ. We are going in search for a ghost town called Black Diamond. It was once a small mining town here. Our problem is that we can't find exactly how to get there, we have an idea of how so we are going to try our luck. If we find the town and find anything good, we will let you know!! wish us luck!! Heres the link with a few photos and a little info. One thing it doesnt mention on the site is that at one time it had a small hotel of 16 rooms.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/blackdiamond.html

Upvote 0

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it down Lemarch Rd?? Looks like it is the mountains between Pearce and Courtland. I looked it up on Virtual earth.

OP
OP
C

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
Yes thats the way it looked to me too. The only thing i heard is that you have to cross private property if you take lemarch. did you see the other smaller road off of middlemarch?? Its really ziggaggy. We are taking a big 4x4 just incase.

OP
OP
C

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
CamoQueen said:
Yes thats the way it looked to me too. The only thing i heard is that you have to cross private property if you take lemarch. did you see the other smaller road off of middlemarch?? Its really ziggaggy. We are taking a big 4x4 just incase.

and im not for sure if you have to cross private land, but we didnt want to go all that way to get to a private property sign and turn around. are you able to find the ghost town of Middlemarch on virtual earth?? I cant find that one either. they say theres no buildings left. but there is suppost to be a really old dump.... :)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take lots of pictures, I really enjoy tagging along through pictures of adventure trips to places I doubt I will get to! Don't get discouraged, I have a few sites that took years to locate or pinpoint that yielded some great relics. Good luck and HH, Mike

OP
OP
C

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
Bavaria Mike said:
Take lots of pictures, I really enjoy tagging along through pictures of adventure trips to places I doubt I will get to! Don't get discouraged, I have a few sites that took years to locate or pinpoint that yielded some great relics. Good luck and HH, Mike

Well, over all the trip was fun. We explored for hours trying to find a way to it. The normal road you can go in on, has private property signs all over. :( But oh well, it was fun anyways. I can see a road to get there on google earth and we tried that but it got waayyyyy to narrow for the truck we were in and you probably would of had to hike the rest of the way, which is miles and i wasn't very perpared for that. I did take a couple photos of the trip so i will post them tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread