Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Hope you are all having a great 2009, I know I sure am. I have been hunting every day so far. On the 1st I managed a 1952 D rosie. That was a great first keeper for the new year. Then on the 2nd I hunted with Detectingfreak and got to see him get his first merc. That day I only managed 4 wheats with the oldest being 1927. Still any wheat is a keeper in my book. Then we get to today. I hit the yard across the street from me. I have been systematically removing trash from this yard to try and get the better signals without overloading every 2 feet. It seems to be working although time consuming. First keeper today was the 1944 India 1 pice coin charm. Then I was working a part of the yard that everyone has always parked on. It has eroded a lot over the years and is mostly gravel and dense soil. Thats where I got the 1908s barber dime. Not very deep but packed in the tough soil tightly. Then I got the 1936 canadian cent. So not a bad day at all. Only 3 days into the new year and I have managed keepers all 3 days. Detectingfreak is headin my way in the mornin, so should be another great day. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• RSCN1050.JPG
    RSCN1050.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 511
  • RSCN1049.JPG
    RSCN1049.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN1043.JPG
    DSCN1043.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 498
  • RSCN1044.JPG
    RSCN1044.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 504
  • RSCN1047.JPG
    RSCN1047.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 495
  • DSCN1051.JPG
    DSCN1051.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Yeah, that's what it's all about, congratulations on 3 days in a row with keepers! :thumbsup:

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NICE FINDS JU JU. MAY YOU HAVE A GOOD 2009. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
crazyjarhead said:
Nice green canadian penny..... Nice Barber too. And you are still detecting ::)
Never was much for doctors orders. I packed cotton into the end of the finger of my glove, so theres no stoppin me now. ;D
JuJu

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tymcmurray said:
-All three are great.
Especially the barber!
I have to agree. I hope this is a taste of things to come in 09.
JuJu

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Barber dime!!! I'd love to find one of those. Keep it up!

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damon64 said:
Sweet Barber dime!!! I'd love to find one of those. Keep it up!
Thank you my friend. Now I want another. lol
JuJu

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Nice finds, Juju! I love barber dimes, just love them.

I've only been able to get out a couple times this week, for one hour each time. Found some iron pieces in lots of gushy mud but no silver yet. I'm beginning to think the area where I'm detecting has been "filled" at one point. I'm finding aluminum cans and scraps of aluminum 4-6" deep when I should be finding IHs and barbers. Only one coin has come out so far (that 1917s penny), but I'm not done with it yet. They city will be doing some digging of the area soon to install public bathrooms, and that's when I'll pull out the 10x12 coil.

Keep up the good hunting, bud.

Ray

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Excellent 09 finds there buddy. I am impressed, wish I had your weather over here in on the other side of the mountain. Temp is 4 degrees F with snow in tomorrow. You need to keep your digital camera on movie mode next time he does his happy dance when he finds another silver coin. Wish I could have seen him dance around, LOL.
Keep on pickin up those great finds and save some for me in the spring.

49er

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 335
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 341
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray in WA said:
Nice finds, Juju! I love barber dimes, just love them.

I've only been able to get out a couple times this week, for one hour each time. Found some iron pieces in lots of gushy mud but no silver yet. I'm beginning to think the area where I'm detecting has been "filled" at one point. I'm finding aluminum cans and scraps of aluminum 4-6" deep when I should be finding IHs and barbers. Only one coin has come out so far (that 1917s penny), but I'm not done with it yet. They city will be doing some digging of the area soon to install public bathrooms, and that's when I'll pull out the 10x12 coil.

Keep up the good hunting, bud.

Ray
Next big site I get, I will give ya a holler. Youre welcome to hit it with Detecting freak and I. I have a couple in the works.
JuJu

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
49er said:
Excellent 09 finds there buddy. I am impressed, wish I had your weather over here in on the other side of the mountain. Temp is 4 degrees F with snow in tomorrow. You need to keep your digital camera on movie mode next time he does his happy dance when he finds another silver coin. Wish I could have seen him dance around, LOL.
Keep on pickin up those great finds and save some for me in the spring.

49er
I just spent $100.00 at batteries plus today. I picked up a new camcorder battery and charger. I am gonna try my best to get him on film. I'm still laughin about his little episode. Stay warm brother.
JuJu

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Man nice job on the 1908 barber dime!!!! :) I am really surprised! Definatly will be an awesome day!!!! :) :thumbsup:

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions