Concrete

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I don't know what the temp. was last night but the field today was like concrete. The soil is light and sandy and I have never known it freeze to such a depth. Detecting was a waste of time as signals were practically un-digable. Had about 90 mins before throwing in the towel. The button 17th/18th century was stuck limpet like to the surface.

HH - Robert.

Attachments

• concrete 001.jpg
    concrete 001.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 481
  • concrete 002.jpg
    concrete 002.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and at least you were able to detect some.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button alone would be a cool find on this side of the pond.

You never know about the ground until you try.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had similar problems on Sunday. I warned Dad to break open the frozen soil with care, glad I did as his first signal was a hammered stuck in the frozen stuff. It would have easily broken without care!

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
CRUSADER said:
We had similar problems on Sunday. I warned Dad to break open the frozen soil with care, glad I did as his first signal was a hammered stuck in the frozen stuff. It would have easily broken without care!
No chance of care, even hitting the lumps with the digger hardly worked.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
No chance of care, even hitting the lumps with the digger hardly worked.

I know, I was hitting it.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know what you mean about Concrete! I was out detecting here in Ohio yesterday and the ground was
like that. On top in some area's it was muddy, but as soon as you tried to dig with a trowel,
forget it. I used a Army E-tool Shovel and it was the easiest to use in the frozen ground. I'm including
a pic of me and the tool, it is on my side.

Nice find by the way!

P.S. I did dig a 1881 Indian Head penny and a 1901 Barber dime. I know that isn't even close to
the good finds you show from England, but for us Ohio guys, it ain't to bad. LOL

HH,Ringfinder

Attachments

• Denny in the field Jan. \'09.jpg
    Denny in the field Jan. \'09.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 382
OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
ringfinder said:
Know what you mean about Concrete! I was out detecting here in Ohio yesterday and the ground was
like that. On top in some area's it was muddy, but as soon as you tried to dig with a trowel,
forget it. I used a Army E-tool Shovel and it was the easiest to use in the frozen ground. I'm including

Nice find by the way!

P.S. I did dig a 1881 Indian Head penny and a 1901 Barber dime. I know that isn't even close to
the good finds you show from England, but for us Ohio guys, it ain't to bad. LOL

HH,Ringfinder
Nce finds ringfinder, what machine are you using in the picture.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
ringfinder said:

Nice find by the way!

HH,Ringfinder
Nce finds ringfinder, what machine are you using in the picture.

I'm using the Fisher F-75, really like it for relic hunting or for that matter any kind of hunting. LOL

Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread