Last nights hunt

rustycoinUT

May 13, 2005
Tulsa, ok
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an old camp site and found a few goodies and unfortunately no coins this time. This camp site was used from the 1890's through the early fourties at that time it was burnt to the ground. It was also used heavily by the civilian conservation corp known as the ccc's.I do know that there is a lot to find there but i have to go through a whole layer of trash ie: Broken bottles, pieces of rusted and burned cans, nails,bottle caps and other misc items. I have been detecting for years and this junk problem has me stumped! Is there anybody in this forum that has dealt with this before and if so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
rustycoinUT

Attachments

• cap_055.jpg
    cap_055.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 204
  • cap_057.jpg
    cap_057.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 213
  • cap_058.jpg
    cap_058.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 203
  • cap_059.jpg
    cap_059.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 197
  • cap_060.jpg
    cap_060.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Looks like you got some nice stuff right there, forget the coins. Just keep pulling up all you can dig and the coins will pop up eventually. Happy Hunting!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have a similar problem with a junky site. its an old farmhouse built in 1804. it sits abandoned in a park,but well enough hidden so that a million and one detectorists are not hunting it. even if they did there is so much trash everywhere that you cant make one swing of your coil without getting 3 or 4 signals.i doubt many people would be patient enough to stay there long. what i have decided to do is to section the site off in 10 foot squares and then just start to dig everything. remove all of the junk and debris and then go over the site again real slow.i know it will take forever and be a ton of work but i just have a good feeling about this place. it just hasto have a ton of good stuff under all that crap. if it had been properly hunted out years ago there wouldnt be this layer of junk everywhere would there? i will let you know over the coming weeks how it is going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread