Todays finds along with the rock with the hole

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Found some more stuff in the woods today, none of this stuff has any connection with the rock as far as i know, they were found far apart from eachother. I was walking thru the middle of the woods where theres no trails or anything, and i get a hit! Im thinking man this must be something good....Well it was just an old 12g shotty shell from someone hunting out there :-\ But i also found a older tin thingy from a flour container or w/e those things are...maybe cheese for pasta? I forget...anyway, then i found something half decent :o A tag?? of some sort...its tin and says vaughan chicago in small letters on top, then it says:

Knitted Cotton
Padding
For
Flat-Work Ironers
And
Press Machines
KNITTED PADDING Co
Canton, Ma

Any ideas on what this tag thingy may be?? I can tell just by the font style that its pretty old...

Attachments

• oldshellandtab.JPG
    oldshellandtab.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 416
  • knittedpaddingco.JPG
    knittedpaddingco.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 423
  • tagend.JPG
    tagend.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 432
Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sounds like it may be a tag used by the mill as a ID tag/Advertisement for their wares, sort of like a cotton bale tag.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tag is a cool find. I am about 30 mins south of Canton. I did a little research online and found a page at the Canton Historical Society. It doesn't say much except that the company was founded in 1880, and made padding for mattesses and such. That tag could be an advertizing item, or a buckle or clamp of some sort. Either way it's probably pretty old, and it is really neat! Nice find!!

B

bradandmilan

That metal piece with the shotgun shell looks exactly like the pour spout from a cardboard salt container.

When it rains it pours! :D

Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread