USMC Eagle Globe and Anchor

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Found this a couple of days ago in the ditch in front of my house. Its a USMC eagle globe and anchor emblem that goes on their dress blue cover (hat). Its not that old, maybe 5-10 years I'm guessing. But its special to me, since I was in the Marine Corps, and it of course must have an interesting story to end up in my ditch.
I've found a few rings in the ditch line, especally after heavy rains I guess wash them down stream. I check it every month or so.

Sorry, picture is too big, I'll have to fix it. But it looks gold, its really anodized brass.

Attachments

• HPIM0158.JPG
    HPIM0158.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find,it would look good in some veteran's Shadow box.

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Very nice Cryptodave, It would go nicely with this Alpha buckle I found last week. If we keep going like this, we could have all the accessories to go with the Alpha's, Bravo's, Charlies and Delta's.

Attachments

• favorites1.jpg
    favorites1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 400

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good friend of mine and I were stationed on temporary duty for a couple of months at Quantico one time and had a little contest, whoever found the highest ranking officer insignia won a dinner on the last night from the other. One week into it he found a bird colonel insignia and led all the way up to two days before, when I found a brigadier general star. We found a lot of good stuff on that base, including several large silver rings with the USMC emblem on one side and Tuns Tavern on the other. Found my first Barber dime at a football field that was next to the main drive thru the base.

OP
OP
cryptodave

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Its funny how I got into MDing. One of my friends I was stationed with at Camp Lejeune found an old metal USMC sergeant chevron from the pre-crossed rifle period between the barracks. That got me interested enough to go buy myself a metal detector. We found tons of rank chevrons over the course of the next year, and quite a few coins, many various old pieces of uniforms, and an old rifle in the woods (no kidding). Now, going on 15 years later, I find a Marine Corps emblem in my front yard.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EGA Great Job Dave

Semper Fi

Kermit

Sgt USMC 0351

W.W.C.D.

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
It only took that title of the thread to bring every metal detecting Marine togeather. WTG. Im still here at Cherrypoint NC (atleast untill the end of Oct) then retirement. It would be cool to find some old USMC stuff back home in Ohio away from the base.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread