1897 INDIAN HEAD PENNY

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was sorting through my coinage I found in 2008 and trying to get a total and I saw this one coin stuck to another and after pulling them apart one was still covered n dirt, which I thought was odd considering I ussually clean off every single coin and check the dates before I toss them into my coin can for the year .I got the trusty tooth pick and started removing the dirt and I started reading "one cent" then the light went off in my head thats what it says on indian head cent and and I started to clean the front and low and behold I saw the head dress ... Which goes to show I guess its good to go through your findings every once in a while becuase you might have missed something ....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 469
OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic2

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 468

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recovery. If you can remember the site where these coins were found, it might merit another visit!

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
always do the same thing myself.. somtimes I have found things that when I dug them I couldnt identify, but after the season and maybe someone one here found one like it... I was able to know what I had found.. thats how I knew what my half of the confederate sword buckle was..... had no clue what that wreath could b until I saw it on here

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am coming up on 4 years at MDing and haven't found an Indian head yet. I know they are plentiful around here but I just haven't got my coil over one for some reason. M :icon_scratch: nty

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ill never get sick of finding indians. one of my favorite things. nice job. willy.

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
Monty said:
I am coming up on 4 years at MDing and haven't found an Indian head yet. I know they are plentiful around here but I just haven't got my coil over one for some reason. M :icon_scratch: nty
i know what you mean i found barber dimes and a quarter before my 1st IH last fall.since i have found 5 more.good luck on finding one they are neat coins

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save on that one. :thumbsup: Would have been a shame if it slipped through your hands.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome :thumbsup:

After reading your post, I went through all the muddy clad I've found for
this year (again) just in case I missed something. . . not even a Wheatie :tard:

Neat find!
watercolor

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your IH find. I always recheck my finds before I get rid of them. I put a few thing up to keep and spend the rest. My daughter everytime she goes out with me and we find enough she wants ice cream. What a great time when she is out with me...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread