Sanity saved by the thaw

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
After a month of freeze and a week of sick kids, the thaw finally came and saved my sanity!!! I got out yesterday and came back with a pouch full of goodies and a refreshingly sore back from digging. It's a good hurt!

I got the usual mix of DMark, EURO, and US Coinage (25 coins) plus...A padlock marked "US ORD"; A couple of Silver Toe Rings; toy Jeep and Jet; Nice Aggie Marble; A Skull Dope pipe; Watch fob/keyfob from the "FAA Western Federal Credit Union" the reverse is dated 1949 and looks like a Morgan Dollar; 2 lead soldiers; a butterfly earring; a SWISS AIR Lighter; The ring from the "Lord of the Rings"; a vaccination tag from Virginia; and a bunch of misc whats its..

Happy Hunting and may all your finds be treasure!

IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG

Upvote 0
S

seger98

You found some really cool stuff, glad you didn't go insane & got out!

Chris

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
OBX Slumlord,
sounds like you deserved a good hunt. :wink: :D

Nice grooup of finds, thanks for posting.

have a good un.................
SHERMANVILLE

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very unique finds. Go to the main page on TNET and scroll down until you see marbles. Post a pic there. There are some good experts there that will tell you the age, etc.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and haul of goodies! Check that lord of the rings band, could be real gold. That thing in the middle is a Girl Scouts pin, bottom right is one of those puzzle rings, it should fit together tightly and is probably silver, only one of the rings is probably marked. Enjoyed the post and finds. No wonder the Romans settled there, mild winters, still froze solid here, I verified it today, LOL. HH, Mike

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I think Frodo smoked some dope with that pipe and lost his "Precious Ring"....LOL.... :tongue3: jgas

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
nice...we've got another ice storm moving through here...

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Love the skull pipe and ring! I bet whoever was wearing the ring was smoking the skull pipe and getting high while saying, "Ah yes my precious!!! My precious!!! ". He would be smirking and laughing. But then he relized he had dropped both items, so he went off to join the war in Iraq. Just my thought. Sorry for the bad thought :)

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
GLAD YOU GOT YOUR SANITY BACK. I HAVE NO REMARKS ABOUT THE PIPE AND RING. YES I DO SHOTGUN WOULD WORK. 1967 DA-NANG. HAVE A WONDERFULL 2009.

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you know what you've gotta do with that ring, now. It must be destroyed!

...and that's a nice pipe.

Great finds, HH

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's what I call getting rid of a Cabin Fever Day! Awesome finds, Really like the Ring, also
nice Mig Fighter!

HH,Ringfinder

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Cool bunch of finds! :thumbsup:
Love that pipe. It just might come in handy for you next time you're approaching the breaking point ;D
Mike

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some really nice finds there. Glad you was able to get out. I am still in a freeze here in OH not suppose to be above 30 all week. I ready to take a drive south so I can find a place to hunt for the day...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread