1784 half Real from the copper pit

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
OK, someone said I had to name the place and they came up with the copper pit since it had produced so many coppers. Well No coppers today, but a really nice 1784 half Real.

It was raining this morning and turned to a drizzle by noon. I decided to try a field in Greenbanks hollow by the 1785 house. Found an old, was gold plated ring, a 1936 Merc, a real nice early 1800 doll tea cup in pewter, and a German Pewter Medalion that says "DEM VERBIENS ______ UND GEWERBE" I can't read one word and I am not sure about all the letters. I will have to look it up later.
I decided to try the Copper pit again on the way home. Found the half real, a nice nice horse bridal rosette some buttons some whatsits, and a knife, very small wedge and some kind of a tool that looks like it was made from a large square nail. All in all, a very nice day, and I am very wet....Lance

Attachments

• August 05 large cents 130.jpg
    August 05 large cents 130.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 478
  • August 05 large cents 133.jpg
    August 05 large cents 133.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 466
  • August 05 large cents 135.jpg
    August 05 large cents 135.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Very nice finds

Kermit

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
man that copper pit keeps producing for yea..i would not be surprised if you come up with a gold coin or two from that place...good luck and cograts on all your finds ....BTW love the tea cup

H H

Gerry

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your address -- I'm coming to visit for a few weeks... :D

Just Kidding -- Great finds!!

TS