A Nice Night Tundra Hunt Under A Full Moon

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
moon2.jpg

Waited till all the folks went home tonite before I hit the hill. It was busy, as the temp got up to a couple of degrees above zero. I started hunting at about 5:30 PM, at about sunset. The sunset itself was kind of boring, however, the full moon in front of me was was quite a site, and it kind of kept the snow illuminated to help with digging coins in the dark. I couldn't resist a couple of shots with my camera...... because the snow was deep in places, I opted to use my large 9" x 12" coil. The snow makes a good conductor, as I dug a quarter at a measured 9" with a good strong signal.

I managed to find a nice little hula-girl pendant, completely out of place. :)

Attachments

• hulla (2).jpg
    hulla (2).jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 531
Upvote 0

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Hunting in the snow in zero degree weather. I'd say you're pretty hard core - not that's a bad thing though!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
done dug it all up said:
Nice Finds! Here is my german proverb: Alter schützt vor Torheit nicht.

-Done Dugit

"There's no fool like an old fool." :thumbsup:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N O W That's H A R D C O R E..........Congrats

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Under a silvery moooooon, nice hunt! HH, Mike

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose hunting in the cold isn't bad if you have the right clothes. I'd freeze to death in about ten minutes. I'm wondering what kind of hill would have that much loose change. Ski slope, sled run for kids? Nice stack of change at any rate. Monty

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Monty said:
I suppose hunting in the cold isn't bad if you have the right clothes. I'd freeze to death in about ten minutes. I'm wondering what kind of hill would have that much loose change. Ski slope, sled run for kids? Nice stack of change at any rate. Monty

You hit the nail on the head Monty with the types of hills I hunt. People are constantly falling, rolling off their toboggans and wiping out at fast speed which simply=lost coins. I have managed at least a couple of rings in the past along with some bracelets and watches.

Hows your new Minelab Safari working out for you? I have been watching your posts, and they seem to have slowed down....bad weather?

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
SUPER JOHN. YOU AMASE ME. WITH ALL THAT M/D IN COLD WEATHER. :thumbsup:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used