Attachments

• Best day ever.JPG
    Best day ever.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 810
Upvote 0

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Great looking points. ?What do you just walk along the creek or is their more to it? ?Here in Mo. are plenty of creeks and rivers with Indian background. ?I once tried walking on the sand bars, but to no avail. Would like to know the secret.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
_7,
In the early spring when all the farmers in the area plow the fields up to get ready for the planting season. I like to wait until after the first rain, after the field was plowed. It seams that the rain washes the dirt off so you can see the points. I take my ACE with me just in case..............

Kermit

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
WooooO!!!!!!

Lookin good andy! I have a question, where do you get all of your frames? I have 8 but they are packed TIGHT. Just curious.

Nice hunting and keep em coming!

Steven

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really great ! I found a large spear point last week while detecting along a spring fed creek.

AKiwi

Aug 4, 2005
Hastings, NZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Great finds....here in NZ we sometimes find adzes, maybe a tiki or two, actually my brother finds them on the west coast beaches. I always seem to find cans
Cheers

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you're doing very well finding those arrow heads! Is this a dry creek bed, the sides of the stream? Where do you find these? HH, Mike

OP
OP
badandy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Bavaria Mike said:
you're doing very well finding those arrow heads!? Is this a dry creek bed, the sides of the stream?? Where do you find these?? HH, Mike
They are all over the creek, in the water on gravel bars on the sides, all over!
tsgman said:
Those are really great !? I found a large spear point last week while detecting along a spring fed creek.
Would you like to sell it? If so send me a pic. and we'll talk. If not send me a pic. anyway I'd love to see it.

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Nice going Andy the pics don't do them justice though.. Whenever you want to let a metal detectorist such as myself go out and clobber some stuff with you just let me know... By the way the OG sucks just thought I would add that... Peace...

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Swat-

This is an extreme case but I went to an indian artifact auction once and there was this spear point named "The Atlas Blade" and alot of big name collectors had had this point at one time or another which upped it's value, but by the time the bidding was done it sold for 77K, yes, 77,000 dollars. I was in shock.

Steven

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Someone has already asked, but where do you get the display cases? That looks really nice and I need to do something like that. Ziplock bags work, but they lack the eye appeal!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a good eye, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread