Dig Everything

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the lake/beach/swimming hole today for about two hours this morning. I found 9Q, 23P one was 1959 copper. Oldest coin I have found at this spot. It was 6 inches deep. 1N, 3D all 6 inches deep. I set the ace on jewelry and dug every target. I lost count of pull tabs when my pouch got full and started spilling over and I kept refinding the ones I had already dug. I hate it when I do that. I did find a little heart toe ring and a gold ring. I think the lady that lost the gold ring is or was named Avon let me know if anyone knows her. LOL I also dug the neckless W/ heart on it also. All the junk jewelry rang out in the nickel tone give or take one bar. The silver toe ring hit just a little harder.............................

Kermit

Attachments

• Rings.jpg
    Rings.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 876
  • Rings 2.jpg
    Rings 2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 867
Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

Avon? I think I dated her once. Anyway, nice finds.

BTW, I like your avatar. Is that chainsaw art?

OP
OP
kermit

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jbot,
No it's not chain saw art, but that wood be cool. I took that picture a few years ago in Japan. It's made of stone. It's a shi shi dog. The Japanese place one of this on each side of the front door. One keeps out evil and the other welcomes the good.

Kermit

OP
OP
kermit

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have that many but I'm working on it.

Kermit

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
persistance pays off ! nice job.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up all the pull tabs I dig up and put them in the nearest trash container so I won't dig them up again. It seems to be to no avail as once they hit the dirt I think they breed new ones! Very nice finds. Excellent! KS aka JIM

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
You know, I thankfully don't live or hunt in areas with zillions of pull tabs. However, I know more than one person that saves all their soda and beer tabs and turns them in for recycling. Popcorn, if you have a five gallon bucket of those things, those are treasures in themselves! Pulltabs are made from virgin aluminum and you get a pretty penny from them from what I hear. Being virgin aluminum, they don't have to do anything but clean them and melt them to reuse them. But what do I know? I just throw all the tabs I do find out into the local volleyball court to occupy the other hunters!!! ;D ;D ;D (Keeps 'em out of the good areas!)

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats where all those pull tabs came from! HA HA! Nice finds Kermmit. I found an avon ring with seven stones in it once. Looked like platinum and diamonds. I won't repeat what I said when I read avon on it! Anyway, nice finds. HH! Chris

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep hearing about various charities collecting pull tabs but when I ask one they don't have a clue what I am talking about! I stopped at two McDonalds and one of them didn't even know what a pull tab is! Strange! jIM

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
my dad stopped at a quikmart once and the foreign exchange students there didnt know what a marshmellow was! When my dad asked for a bag of marshmellows they pointed to a jar of fluff :D Then they had to get the manager in and even he didnt know what one was :o Then some guy that was pumping gas came in and started laughing his head off, the foreign people were like Marshmellow ??? Whats a marshmellow :P

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread