Bullets, Buttons, and Canister Shot: Civil War Camp Finds

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I have not been able to hunt very much lately. My employee ate some bad peanut butter and crackers, resulting in Salmonella. I was able to get out last week for a couple of hours. We, Vol1266-X and I, went back to Button Hill. This is where we have dug up over 20 Eagle buttons. I was able to add one more to my collection. I also dug up a nice .69 caliber bullet and assorted camp fire lead.

I escaped this morning with Vol1266-X for a few hours. I thought it was going to be a pretty good day, because within the first 5 minutes we both dug a piece of canister shot. I was able to retrieve two .54 caliber bullets, four more pieces of canister shot, a .36 caliber pistol bullet, a carved .54 caliber bullet, and part of a Civil War picture frame. Vol1266-X found a finial from a cap box, plus assorted canister shot. I hope my employee gets well soon.

Attachments

• DSC00752.JPG
    DSC00752.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 707
  • DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 713
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds Dman, you and Quindy make good hunting partners.

HH, Ringfinder

P.S.
I hope to make it down your way someday and hunt with you two.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I'm talking about!! Good to go.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Pappagiorgio said:
I get no invite ... :tongue3:

~ Nick ~

Yeah, well...I didn't get one either! BUT...I have my new binoculars, and I could see 'ole Burt and Brad slinging that dirt all the way down here in Bama. :tongue3: :D :wink:

S U P E R finds!!! :icon_pirat:

Nana :wink:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh...hope your employee feels better soon too~! :)

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nana40 said:
Mr. Pappagiorgio said:
I get no invite ... :tongue3:

~ Nick ~

Yeah, well...I didn't get one either! BUT...I have my new binoculars, and I could see 'ole Burt and Brad slinging that dirt all the way down here in Bama. :tongue3: :D :wink:

S U P E R finds!!! :icon_pirat:

Nana :wink:

Nana
I was down in Bama this weekend watching my daughter graduate from OTC In the Airforce. You have a great state and the people are nice also.
Dman

K

KirkTN

Dman

Looks like the site is still giving up some goodies! 20 eagle buttons from one site is Outstanding. I've yet to find a .69 cal. John found one yesterday. We had another good hunt yesterday. Posting here shortly.

I do hope your employee recovers quickly.
Have a good day Sir :coffee2:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Great site Dman, keep us in the hunt with you!

S

seger98

20 buttons out of there already, that's a great site! Nice finds.

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Doug you and Quindy have a way of sniffing out those CW Relics. I hate to hear about your sick employee. Maybe she'll get better soon and you'll get more time to get out an play :tongue3:
Way to go on the finds and I hope there is more to come soon.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two are tearing that place up. Congrats on the CW relics.
Sorry to hear about the bad peanut butter Dman. That really sucks. :-[
-MM-

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's a funny thing that you even forgot you owned a store while digging all those relics for 3 hours but after I mentioned it was your turn to buy my lunch, you just HAD to get back. Great Finds and it was obvious that you enjoyed "escaping" from your store. WTG.

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Dman said:
I have not been able to hunt very much lately. My employee ate some bad peanut butter and crackers, resulting in Salmonella. I was able to get out last week for a couple of hours. We, Vol1266-X and I, went back to Button Hill. This is where we have dug up over 20 Eagle buttons. I was able to add one more to my collection. I also dug up a nice .69 caliber bullet and assorted camp fire lead.

I escaped this morning with Vol1266-X for a few hours. I thought it was going to be a pretty good day, because within the first 5 minutes we both dug a piece of canister shot. I was able to retrieve two .54 caliber bullets, four more pieces of canister shot, a .36 caliber pistol bullet, a carved .54 caliber bullet, and part of a Civil War picture frame. Vol1266-X found a finial from a cap box, plus assorted canister shot. I hope my employee gets well soon.

My employee called this morning and said she wanted to try to work Friday. I am going to get to go scouting some potentials CW sites. Wish me luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread